Technical Project Manager
Typically requires 3 to 5 years of experience in IT or project management.
A technical project manager develops and manages IT project plans including tasks, milestones, status, and allocation of resources. They support engineering and business teams to successfully deliver IT projects on time and on budget. Daily responsibilities of a technical project manager include:
- Planning and managing projects within an established time frame and budget.
- Developing requirements, objectives, and deliverables for projects.
- Recruiting, hiring and training necessary staff and managing roles and responsibilities for staff members.
- Researching and evaluating technology options and weighing the cost/benefit when making purchases.
- Identifying and communicating risks to stakeholders and defining risk mitigation strategies.
Salary range (US data)
Start the journey to become a Technical Project Manager
Top skills requested
The technical and specialized skills most frequently requested by employers for this role.
- Project management
- Information security
- Project planning
- Project management software
- Stakeholder management
- Customer service
- Management experience
- Flowchart creation
GENERAL BUSINESS SKILLS
The business skills most frequently requested by employers for this role.
Note: Percentages refer to the rate at which this skill appears in job postings