Create the Object Model
Follow Along with Trail Together
Want to follow along with an expert as you work through this step? Take a look at this video, part of the Trail Together series.
(This clip starts at the 2:02 minute mark, in case you want to rewind and watch the beginning of the step again.)
Track Your Discoveries
In the previous step, you found a number of web pages for careers in the Salesforce ecosystem. As you continue on your journey, you’re going to find other resources you want to track, like blogs, websites, podcasts, events, and more. So let’s build an app on the Salesforce Platform to track all of those resources.
Build a Custom Object
Start by creating a custom object, Discovery, to track all of the resources you discover on your learning journey.
- Click and select Setup.
- Click Object Manager.
- Click Create and select Custom Object.
- Create an object as follows:
- Plural Label:
- Object Name:
- Record Name:
- Under Optional Features, select Allow Reports.
- Under Object Creation Options (available only when a custom object is first created), select Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object.
- Click Save.
This directs you to the New Custom Object Tab screen. Next, let’s make the tab.
Make a Custom Tab
If the tab wizard didn’t automatically launch, that’s OK. Enter
Tabs in Quick Find and select Tabs. In the Custom Object Tabs section, click New.
Follow these steps to create a tab for your custom object.
- If it isn’t already selected, for Object, select Discovery.
- Click Tab Style and choose any image. How about a compass?
- Click Next, Next, and Save.