Get Started with Insurance Agent Console
- Sign up for a Developer Edition org with Financial Services Cloud.
- Describe the Insurance Agent Console.
- List ways the Insurance Agent Console can help sales and service teams.
Sign Up for a Developer Edition Org with Financial Services Cloud
To complete this module, you need a special Developer Edition org that contains Financial Services Cloud and our sample data. Get the free Developer Edition and connect it to Trailhead now so you can complete the challenges in this module.
- Sign up for a free Developer Edition org with Financial Services Cloud.
- Fill out the form. For Email, enter an active email address. For Username, enter a username that looks like an email address and is unique, but it doesn't need to be a valid email account (for example, email@example.com).
- Click Sign me up.
A confirmation message appears.
- When you receive the activation email (this might take a few minutes), open it and click Verify Account.
- Complete your registration by setting your password and challenge question.
You are logged in to your Developer Edition.
- Click your Trailhead profile avatar, then select Hands-on Orgs.
- Scroll to the bottom of your list of Salesforce hands-on orgs.
- Click Connect an org.
- Enter your new Developer Edition org username and password, and click Log In.
- On the Allow Access? screen, click Allow.
- On the Want to connect this org for hands-on challenges? screen, click Yes!
You are redirected back to the challenge page and ready to use your new Developer Edition org to earn this badge.
The Insurance Industry Today
The insurance industry today is in the throes of a digital disruption. Customers demand exceptional experiences—and they will do business only with companies that offer them. That means companies large and small need to pivot fast and rethink how they’re connecting with their customers at every touchpoint. They need to make digital investments that enable first-rate customer experiences.
Meet Cumulus Insurance
Consider Cumulus Insurance, a nationwide insurance company that’s struggling to efficiently serve high-net-worth customers like Rachel Adams.
Rachel is unhappy because she recently filed an online claim three times before it was finally submitted. Each time she tried to file her claim and it wasn't submitted, she reached out to a Cumulus service rep to get help. And each time, she had a frustrating and fragmented experience. Every time she talked to a new rep, she had to explain her problem from scratch. None of the reps had up-to-date information about her conversations with previous service reps, nor did they have a full picture of her as a customer. They had no idea she held multiple policies with the company.
Rachel expressed her unhappiness to Zeynep Aksoy, a Cumulus sales agent. It was around the same time that Zeynep came across Salesforce’s Insurance Agent Console, a powerful industry-focused CRM platform that helps insurance companies better connect with and serve their customers.
What Insurance Agent Console Can Do
- Get a snapshot of her client’s past, present, and future life events.
- Get seamless access to household relationships, coverage, claims, and interaction information from a single window.
- Use out-of-the-box metrics and charts to help deliver on business goals.
- Slice and dice data on the go.
- Upsell and cross-sell with ease.
- Get a single view of any client’s coverage, claims, and interaction information.
- Use prebuilt custom metrics and charts to guide client interactions.
- Close claims and reduce case turnaround times.
- Execute client service requests using predefined service flows.
Cumulus decides to make the investment and rolls out the Salesforce Insurance Agent Console to all the sales agents and services reps in the organization. Let’s take a look at how this new technology has changed business for the company.
- Salesforce Website: Developer Edition Org with Financial Services Cloud
- Salesforce Help: Insurance for Financial Services Cloud: Addressing the Needs of Insurance Agents and Reps
- Salesforce Website: Salesforce CRM Solution for Insurance Brokerages
- Salesforce Website: Farmers Insurance finds the right path forward with Salesforce