Use Your App on the Go
Take It on the Road
Your app is created! The final step is to make sure you can add discoveries to your app from your mobile device, so that no matter where you are, you can keep track of great resources you find related to your Salesforce journey.
Create a User
Create a username and password you will remember, so you can sign in to Salesforce mobile and use your new app.
- From Setup, enter
Usersin Quick Find and select Users.
- Click New User.
- Create a new user as follows:
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter a unique alias.
- Enter a valid email address.
- Enter a unique username. Your username should be formed like an email address, but it does not need to be a valid email address. For example, you can create a username like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Enter a unique nickname.
- For User License, select Salesforce, then for Profile, select System Administrator. If a Salesforce license isn't available, select the Salesforce Platform license and the Salesforce Platform User profile.
- For Role, select CEO.
- Click Save.
- Check your email for an activation email. Click the link in the email and set your password.
Now you have a username and password to access your app easily.
Install the Salesforce Mobile App
Always run the mobile app on a device that meets minimum platform requirements. If you have an Android or iOS device that meets the minimum requirements, you can use the downloadable Salesforce mobile app available from the App Store® or Google Play™.
Once you have the app installed on your mobile device, use the username and password you created to sign in.
If you are unable to install the app, run the browser version of the mobile app by opening a browser window on your mobile device and logging in at login.salesforce.com.
Now You Can Use Your App from Anywhere
With the Salesforce mobile app, you can create new records to track your discoveries. As you hear about events or group meetups, or find blog posts or websites you want to track, you can add them to your app using your mobile device.
You Did It!
You created an app in Salesforce to support your learning journey in the Salesforce ecosystem. Along the way, you created a custom object, custom fields, an app, sample records, a report, a report chart, and you learned how to access your app on your mobile device.
Now, all that’s left for you to do is continue with your learning journey in the Salesforce ecosystem. Onward and upward!
We won’t check any of your setup. Click Verify Step to complete the project.