Discover the Salesforce Ecosystem
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Define the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Describe the role partners play in the Salesforce ecosystem.
An Impactful Team
To make big things happen, you need an awesome team. And the best teams have players with different strengths that complement each other. That’s the purpose of the Salesforce ecosystem—it’s the “team” that makes Salesforce the #1 customer relationship management (CRM) platform. The Salesforce ecosystem is made up of:
- Salesforce: That's us!
- Customers: Companies of all sizes that use our products.
- Partners: Salesforce-certified experts who work with customers across products and industries.
Throughout the Salesforce ecosystem, you’ll find Trailblazers—the pioneers, innovators, and lifelong learners who innovate with Salesforce and use our platform to transform their organizations.
The Salesforce Economy
The Salesforce ecosystem drives the revenues and jobs created by Salesforce, known as the Salesforce Economy. This economy creates millions of jobs around the world. And we mean millions. A new study from IDC finds that the Salesforce ecosystem will create 9.3 million new jobs and $1.6 trillion USD in new business revenues worldwide by 2026. These figures show that most business growth isn’t at Salesforce the company–it’s in the ecosystem.
The Need for Salesforce Talent
With over 150,000 companies using Salesforce today, there’s a growing demand for jobs that help organizations get the most out of the platform.
And more than 85% of customers work with partners, who power the customer’s ability to transform and thrive, whether it’s through ready-to-install apps or hands-on assistance across products and industries. Partners do this by hiring talented business analysts, consultants, architects, and many other Salesforce professionals.
Salesforce partners help customers:
- Get the most out of Salesforce.
- Tailor Salesforce to their business needs.
- Grow into new opportunities and industries.
Our powerful partners and customers have helped grow the Salesforce ecosystem beyond our wildest dreams. In 2019, the ecosystem was more than four times larger than Salesforce itself and will grow to almost six times larger by 2026.
Now that you’ve learned about the Salesforce ecosystem and its impact on the Salesforce Economy, take our Career Development Planning module in Trailhead to become a part of it.
- Salesforce Site: Customer Success Stories
- Salesforce Site: Partners
- Blog Post: What Is a Trailblazer?
- PDF: IDC: The Salesforce Economic Impact: 9 Million New Jobs by 2026, $1.6 Trillion of New Revenues for Customers
- Salesforce Press Release: New Study Finds Salesforce Economy Will Create 9.3 Million Jobs and $1.6 Trillion in New Business Revenues by 2026
- Salesforce Site: World's #1 CRM
- Trailhead: Salesforce Administrator Careers
- Trailhead: Salesforce Developer Careers
- Trailhead: Business Analyst Careers
- Trailhead: Salesforce Consultant Careers
- Trailhead: Salesforce Architect Careers
- Trailhead: Salesforce Partner Community
- Trailhead: Salesforce Career Paths
- Trailhead: Career Development Planning
- Trailhead: Trailblazer Workforce Partner Program
- Salesforce Article: Q&A: Sarah Franklin and Tyler Prince on the Salesforce Economy and the Trailblazers Who Drive it