Use All the Tools Together
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Use split view.
- Run a macro.
- Use and find the keyboard shortcuts.
- Insert quick text.
- Perform mass quick actions.
- Use the History utility.
Work with Split View
It’s demo time! Maria’s hard work has paid off and she’s ready to show off the new agent productivity tools to Sita, Roberto, and some all-star agents. Maria sets up a fake case so she can demo all the tools at once.
Instead of working from a list view, Maria wants to show the power of split view. She starts her demo from a closed case. Instead of navigating back to a list view to open another case, she shows how easy it is to open a case from split view instead.
To open and close split view, click the vertical bar at the very left of the console.
Run a Macro
- Open a case you want to work with.
- Click Macro in the utility bar.
- Select the macro you want to run.
- Click Run Macro.
The macro runs on the open case record.
- After the macro completes, click Done
Get to Know Keyboard Shortcuts
In preparation for quick text, Maria wants to highlight where agents can find other keyboard shortcuts. To open the keyboard shortcuts panel, open the help menu and click View Keyboard Shortcuts. You can also use a shortcut to view the menu. Enter Cmd+/ on MacOS and Ctrl+/ on Windows.
Insert Quick Text
While Maria was showing off the available shortcuts, the customer has demo-magically responded. The case was updated with a photo and Maria verifies it. Now it’s time to send along another email confirming the replacement and verifying the customer’s address. Maria demos how quick text can help with emails too. Demo Double Bonus: She gets to also demo how the Email action is prepopulated with an email template!
- Select the Email action.
- Place your cursor in the middle of the prepopulated email body.
- To insert quick text, you can use a button or a keyboard shortcut.
- Click the quick text button in the email toolbar:
- Enter one of the following commands:
- MacOS: Cmd+.
- Windows: Ctrl+.
- Select the quick text you want to enter.
Perform Mass Quick Actions
Now it’s time to reassign the cases so the next agent can process the replacements. Maria wants to show off mass quick actions. She heads over to the case list view.
Here’s what Maria does on the My Open Cases list view.
- Select the cases you want to perform mass quick action on.
- Click Replacement Owner. (This is the mass quick action you set up.)
- Fill out the action details.
- Select a new owner. If you don’t have any other users in your org, you can leave yourself as the owner.
- Set the status to Escalated.
- Enter Ready for new solar panels in the Internal Comments field.
- Review your changes in the Fields to update section.
- Click Save. Then click OK to perform the
View Your History
Last on the demo is the History utility. Maria’s been working with a lot of records and she wants to show her team how agents can find a list of the records they’ve visited.
To open the utility, press H on your keyboard or click History in the utility bar. If you opened any subtabs, they’re listed in context of the workspace tab. You can also copy links for records in one click.
Maria’s demo ends in a round of applause. Sita, Roberto, and the all-star agents are amazed at how much time the agent productivity tools can save. With the green light from everyone, Maria assigns her agents the quick text and macros permission sets that she created. She’ll reach out to agents in Chatter and in upcoming trainings to make sure the tools are adopted. But with the number of clicks and time the tools save, she’s pretty confident that her agents will say, “These are great. Got any more?!”
Advanced Productivity Tools
Here are a couple more tools that Maria plans to look into.
|Apex QuickActionDefaultsHandler interface||Use this Apex interface to override email field values based on complex logic. For example, you can use this Apex interface to apply a specific email template and BCC a manager on only high-priority cases.|
|Lightning Flow for Service||Guide your users through multistep processes with Lightning Flow for Service, and associate records to flows using Salesforce automation tools. When a record that has an associated flow is opened in a console app, the flow is launched as a subtab. You can configure default flows for specific channels, like phone and chat, and specify which flows you want users to complete first and last.|
Looks like there are always more ways to increase agent productivity. Maria’s excited to implement more time-saving tools for Ursa Major Solar in the future.