Develop Your Implementation Plan
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the benefits of self-implementing versus involving partners to set up Service Cloud.
- Develop a plan to roll out Service Cloud to your entire organization.
- Find resources to help with your implementation.
In this unit we help you decide whether to self-implement the Salesforce Service Cloud or partner with a vendor for implementation. We also guide you through the planning phase of the move to Service Cloud.
Here are some questions to ask yourself if you’re considering enlisting the help of an outside resource:
- Do I have unique service processes that require creative solutions?
- Do I need recommendations on how my team can take advantage of the Service Cloud features that don’t exist in Desk.com?
- Am I missing a key project team member that requires outsourcing?
- Do I lack the implementation knowledge to correctly configure Service Cloud?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then you’ll probably benefit from using an implementation partner. And let’s face it, who doesn’t like an experienced tour guide that knows where they’re going and can get you there fast? Our partner ecosystem was created to help customers get the resources they need whenever they need them. Who wouldn’t want that deep product and industry expertise playing for your team? And when you’re moving to a new platform, that means you get the flexibility that comes along with it. The right implementation partner can guide you through the appropriate solutions that fit your budget and timeline. Talk to your Salesforce account executive for recommendations on a partner who can ensure the success of your migration.
Or start your own partner quest. Look no further than the Consultants section of the AppExchange.
Beep Beep! Hop into the driver’s seat! Want to take your Salesforce skills on a new journey? Then take charge of your own destiny. This Desk2ServiceCloud Migration Guide can help you become familiar with the areas where Desk.com and Service Cloud have functional similarities. You can also learn how to prepare for the migration process. Buckle up!
Not quite ready to drive solo? Feel like you need to brush up on your Service Cloud skills? Start with the Trailhead Service Cloud modules to get you off on the right foot and get caught up on those Service Cloud skills.
Here are four steps you can take to make sure you’re headed in the right direction:
- Complete these Service Cloud trails and modules for immediate hands-on action:
- Take the Service Cloud Administration Class. Jump in with others trying to set up.
- Sign up for a Service Cloud Accelerator. These quick, personalized work sessions can help you solve specific Salesforce challenges that are available within your Premier and Signature Success Plans.
- Consider becoming a Salesforce Certified Administrator. Going through this boot camp and taking the exam is a great way to get educated on the fundamentals of Salesforce.
Regardless of the path you take for migration, preparation and knowledge can help lead to a smoother transition.
Review the following example rollout plan to get prepared for every milestone along the way:
||A clear plan helps you to communicate with everyone, to do things in the right order, identify key resources, and know when you’re done.
||Discuss opportunities for business value. Revisit your current processes and determine how they can be improved upon during your move to Service Cloud.
||Map out the use cases that you captured in the Analyze phase, and consider the design options within Salesforce that are user friendly and easy to navigate.
||Begin building out your sandbox with the features from the Design phase.
||Have a few of your top agents test the configuration with the use cases identified in the Analyze phase. Capture their feedback and make modifications to your sandbox. Import some Desk.com data into your sandbox to use in agent testing and training,
as well as to confirm that the data can be imported as expected.
||Your configuration is now complete, and you’re ready to train all of your agents. After training, import your configurations to your Production org and all of your desired data from Desk.com to Salesforce.
Now that you know how to structure the phases to get your company to go-live, review the differences and similarities between the two systems that are outlined in the Desk.com to Service Cloud Migration Considerations Guide to start outlining your approach.
Also, review the Top 10 Best Practices listed in the Desk.com to Service Cloud Quickstart Guide
Remember that this is just the beginning. As your business continues to grow and your processes evolve over time, you want to be right there, ready, and capable of adding to your existing setup. So regardless of the path you choose to implement, set yourself up for success by taking advantage of the additional Salesforce resources available to you. Besides, no one wants to be left in the dust.
Our Salesforce family extends beyond your employees. Join an online or in-person Service Cloud Trailblazer Community Group that’s dedicated to your migration success. Here’s where you can engage and get answers from other passionate customers, partners, and Salesforce experts.
Continue to look to Trailhead for the newest trails to stay up to date with the features that can keep your team evolving.