Sign Up for an Tableau CRM-Enabled Developer Edition Org
Get the Tableau CRM Edge
In this Trailhead project, you get hands-on experience with Tableau CRM. We give you a comprehensive introduction to the product so that you can bring the Tableau CRM edge to your Salesforce org.
You’re going to sign up for your own Tableau CRM-enabled Developer Edition org, and then build an app with a dashboard and a lens. We show you how to create data visualizations in the explorer and dashboard designer and share your insights with your team.
Let’s Do This
First, sign up for a special, Tableau CRM-enabled, Developer Edition org so you can start working with Tableau CRM.
- Go to developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/analytics-de.
- Fill out the form. For Email, enter an active email address. For Username, enter a username that looks like an email address and is unique, but it doesn’t need to be a valid email account. For example, your username can be email@example.com, or you can put in your company name.
- After you fill out the form, click Sign me up. A confirmation message appears.
- When you receive the activation email, open it and click Verify Account.
- Complete your registration by setting your password and challenge question.
Way to go! You’re logged in to your Developer Edition, a Salesforce org with Tableau CRM enabled and all the necessary permissions defined. Your org also has preloaded data integrated into a Tableau CRM dataset that’s ready to explore. (If you want to learn about the admin work for enabling and setting up Tableau CRM, check out the trail called Build and Administer Tableau CRM.)
Now connect your new Developer Edition org to Trailhead.
- Make sure you're logged in to your Trailhead account.
- In the Challenge section at the bottom of this page, click the playground name and then click Connect Org.
- On the login screen, enter the username and password for the Developer Edition you just set up.
- On the Allow Access? screen, click Allow.
- On the Want to connect this org for hands-on challenges? screen, click Yes! Save it. You are redirected back to the challenge page and ready to use your new Developer Edition to earn this badge.
Now click Verify step, and then move to the next step, where you create an app and a lens.
Copyright Rights of ALBERT EINSTEIN are used with permission of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Represented exclusively by Greenlight.