Get Started with Salesforce Anywhere Shield
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the three products that make up Salesforce Anywhere Shield.
- Understand where to go to set up Salesforce Anywhere Shield.
The Three Counterparts
Key management. Antivirus. Event monitoring. When you read these three concepts, are you picturing someone sitting in a dark room writing code, protecting their product from external threats? Maybe you’re thinking of all the security protocols and passwords you have to enter at work to access even simple tools like your email. Or perhaps you’re thinking back to your first day of work when the IT department joked, “Don’t send anything inappropriate in your work email, we’re tracking you!”
If that is what you’re thinking, then you’re on the right track. Strong security is important to protect your business data, but it doesn’t have to be painful or get in the way of doing your work. Salesforce Anywhere Shield is provides advanced security measures to help enhance trust, transparency, compliance, and governance for even the most security-conscious organizations—without impacting productivity.
So, what makes up Salesforce Anywhere Shield?
Great question, Trailblazer! And don’t worry, we’ll stick to the basics.
Let’s break it down into three key features.
Enterprise Key Management (EKM)
- What does this mean? You, the customer, can independently create, manage, and control access to your own encryption keys in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Why would you do this? Not only do you get total visibility to data usage via immutable logs, but you can also granularly revoke access to specific content in Salesforce Anywhere, at any time, without impacting productivity. With EKM, you have complete control over who accesses your data and how, making sure your business-critical data never falls into the wrong hands.
Antivirus (AV) Scanning
- What does this mean? Salesforce Anywhere scans uploaded files for malicious content and prevents users from downloading infected files. You can relax knowing your users won’t be downloading bugs or malware onto your network.
- Why would you do this? It helps guard business-critical data against known and unknown threats like malware and ransomware attacks. This is an additional safeguard to further protect your content in Salesforce Anywhere.
- What does this mean? You can monitor real-time activity in Salesforce Anywhere by setting custom rules to automatically flag and address suspicious behavior. Now you can be certain that there are no unwanted eyes on your Salesforce Anywhere instance.
- Why would you do this? It enables you to monitor for malicious activity, surface threats as soon as possible, and take immediate action. Real-time event logs help you enforce corporate or industry compliance measures, mitigate data loss, and give you full visibility on your Salesforce Anywhere instance.
See? Salesforce Anywhere Shield is as easy as 1-2-3. Think of Salesforce Anywhere Shield as your security superpower. These features provide your company with enhanced reporting and security that even the toughest cyber criminals can’t hack. Whether your security team is looking to protect against unknown threats, monitor activity in real time, or manage and control access to your own keys in Amazon Web Services, Salesforce Anywhere is here to help save the day.
Now that you know what Salesforce Anywhere Shield is, we can move on to why you should use Salesforce Anywhere Shield at work.