Add Salesforce Anywhere Components to Your Salesforce Pages
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how to add specific Salesforce Anywhere components to your Salesforce instance.
- Identify which Salesforce Anywhere components are most valuable for your team.
Salesforce Anywhere components are the basic ingredients you use to mix up the perfect processes for your team. But before you can use them to improve your team’s productivity, you first have to add the Salesforce Anywhere components to your instance of Salesforce.
Follow the following process to add Salesforce Anywhere components to opportunities, accounts, contacts, cases, and so forth. For example, you can add the documents component to accounts, but add the notifications component to the utility bar.
1. Go to any Account page. Click and select Edit Page.
Salesforce Anywhere in the search bar.
You’ll see three options.
- Salesforce Anywhere Associated Documents
- Salesforce Anywhere Documents
- Salesforce Anywhere Notifications
3. For the Salesforce Anywhere and notifications components, drag them onto the page and click Save. For the document component, you need to follow a few additional steps.
Before you add a Salesforce Anywhere document:
- If you want to configure different Salesforce Anywhere documents for a Salesforce record, create a custom field.
- If you want to configure different Salesforce Anywhere templates, create a second custom field to store the template URL.
- Connect Salesforce to Salesforce Anywhere. Go to Setup, enter Salesforce Anywhere in the Quick Find box, and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. The instructions describe the connection process step-by-step.
To add the Salesforce Anywhere document:
- Navigate to the Salesforce page where you want to add a Salesforce Anywhere document component, such as a customer’s Account page.
- Click .
- Select Edit Page to go to the Lightning App Builder.
- In the left pane, select Salesforce Anywhere Document (1) and drag it to your canvas (2). The right pane shows the four Salesforce Anywhere document component configuration options with the “One template for each record” option (3) selected.
5. In the left pane, select a configuration option that describes how you want the Salesforce Anywhere document to behave, and enter values into the required fields. The required fields depend on the option you chose.
- Different documents for each record—Enter the name of the custom field that stores the Salesforce Anywhere document URL. Users can embed existing documents or create and embed new documents. Administrators can optionally prepopulate a field with a specific Salesforce Anywhere document by creating an Apex trigger on the field or using Flow Builder or Process Builder.
- Same document on every record—Enter the URL of the Salesforce Anywhere document. Once accessed, the Salesforce Anywhere document is embedded on the page and every record associated with this page.
- One template for each record—Enter the URL of the shared Salesforce Anywhere template (4) and the name of the custom field that stores the Salesforce Anywhere document URL (5). When users use the page, they create documents on each record based on the template. Note: The URL link (4) must be to a shared document link, or this feature will not work.
- Different templates for different records—Enter the name of the custom field that stores the Salesforce Anywhere document URL and the name of the field that stores the URL of the Salesforce Anywhere template. Administrators are required to prepopulate the template field by creating an Apex trigger on the field or using Flow Builder or Process Builder. Users choose which Salesforce Anywhere template to create a document from.
6. Specify whether other users can view, edit, or request access to the embedded Salesforce Anywhere document.
(Optionally, enter a custom label for the embedded Salesforce Anywhere document in the Custom Component Label field.)
7. Enter the component’s pixel height. Click Save, and click Activation.
8. On the Activation: Account Record Page, click Assign as Org Default and close the page. To exit Lightning App Builder, click Back. The Salesforce Anywhere document component appears where you dragged it.
If you selected Different templates for different records, create an Apex trigger on the template field to prepopulate it with the template URL.
Congrats! You are done connecting Salesforce and Salesforce Anywhere. By completing these steps, you've turned on the ability to bidirectionally sync Salesforce data into Salesforce Anywhere. Now, you can start exploring applications with both standard and custom objects. For instance, you can now:
- Attach Salesforce Anywhere documents to Salesforce Objects. These documents will live as Files and can be found using Salesforce Global Search.
- Use Salesforce Live Apps. Use these (Salesforce Record Live App and Salesforce List View Live App) to show and update Salesforce data with a bidirectional sync from Salesforce Anywhere documents.
- Export Live Reports from Salesforce into Salesforce Anywhere. Insert Live Data sections into Salesforce Anywhere documents that will automatically update in real time.
- Salesforce Anywhere: Set up Salesforce Anywhere Notification Component in the Utility Bar
- Salesforce Anywhere: Creating Managed Sites for Partner Collaboration and Testing Workflows
- Salesforce Anywhere: Salesforce Spring ’19 Release Salesforce Anywhere Updates: Salesforce Admin Guide
- Salesforce Anywhere: Summer ’19 Release Salesforce Anywhere Updates: Salesforce Admin Guide
- Salesforce Support: Salesforce Anywhere Document Component
- Salesforce Support: Add the Salesforce Anywhere Document Component to a Lightning Page