Build a B2C Commerce Project Team
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Define the B2C Commerce shared success model.
- Describe how to develop your core project team.
- Explain the path to developer certification.
Sharing in Success
Welcome to the B2C Commerce team. Whether you’re a seasoned B2C Commerce partner or just getting started, we can work with you to build long-term relationships. And we celebrate with you when you achieve your goals.
If you’re a new consulting partner, check out our Build Your Practice as a Consulting Partner trail to find out what you’re getting into.
Salesforce provides you with the training and the technical expertise necessary to understand and implement B2C Commerce. That lets you focus on serving your customers while you’re getting B2C Commerce up and running. When we talk about sharing in success, we mean it—your customers’ success leads to yours, and your success is our success.
How B2C Commerce Supports You
Here’s what we offer you.
- Partner enablement: Training for tools and processes that help you deploy B2C Commerce effectively for your customers
- High-level discovery (HLD): Figuring out your project’s scope and gathering customer requirements
- Site Readiness Assessment (SRA): Evaluating the planning, delivery, and quality of your project
- Expert services: Seasoned experts who help you deliver a successful B2C Commerce implementation
- Escalation assistance: Help with customer support, reducing risk so that you can keep your customers satisfied as you deploy B2C Commerce
The Salesforce B2C Commerce Customer Support team also provides your customers with platform support, training, and advice on best practices. We work with you to drive the success of your customers.
For your customers, success means growing their ecommerce business. For you, success means happy customers with growing businesses. And for us, success means thriving B2C Commerce partners with happy customers. This is what we mean when we talk about the shared success model.
If you like what you’ve read so far, it’s time to get serious. Create a plan to get your staff certified for B2C Commerce. Salesforce takes care of a lot of the details of ecommerce for you, but you get better results if you’re familiar with the retail landscape as it connects to Salesforce.
Salesforce B2C Commerce certifications play a big role in successful implementations. We offer certifications for all the essential roles on an implementation team.
- Developers who build the software for the ecommerce solution
- B2C Commerce architects who design the custom solution
To get certified, you pass an exam that demonstrates your knowledge and skills in a specific role.
Developer and B2C Commerce Architect Certifications
Developers who want to demonstrate their expertise with B2C Commerce can take the Salesforce Certified B2C Commerce Developer exam. This exam targets Salesforce customers, partners, and employees with full-stack development experience who want to use B2C Commerce to develop an ecommerce solution.
We also offer a Certified B2C Commerce Architect exam for architects. Candidates for this exam must pass the Certified B2C Commerce Developer exam before attempting the architect exam.
You can take the developer exam without any previous course work, although the courses we offer make it easy and expedient for you to pass the first time. Check out the Training Catalogue in the Trailblazer Community to find B2C Commerce courses, including Salesforce Certified B2C Commerce Developer, Developing for B2C Commerce, Managing the Storefront, and more. You can also take a look at the Salesforce Partner Community.
For your first implementation, assemble a development team of four certified developers and one certified B2C Commerce architect.
Filling Out Your Project Team
What about the rest of the team? Needs vary depending on your specific project, but a solid core team typically consists of:
- A B2C Commerce-certified architect
- A B2C Commerce functional architect
- An experienced project manager
- B2C Commerce-certified developers
The project manager usually manages the rest of your staff, including a technical lead, your developers and architect, and any support and merchandising personnel.
How many certifications does your team need? We don’t cover all the details of certification in this module, but we explore the basics in the next unit. If you want to see what kinds of certifications are available for these roles, head to the Salesforce Partner Community and look under the Education tab for more information.
Set Your Team Up for Success
We’re excited to have you join us, and we want you to succeed. Building a team is your first real step toward a B2C Commerce implementation. Training that team takes time and effort, but the results pay dividends far into the future.
Create a training and certification plan and choose individuals who can commit to it. Make sure everyone understands the importance of earning and maintaining these certifications—to your customers, they indicate the quality of your work.
Since you’re a Salesforce partner, you can always head to Salesforce Partner Community for information and community support. Check the Education tab for useful resources and training catalogs. You can also sign up for courses and webinars and get the latest news about updates to B2C Commerce and related products and services.
Next we talk about how to do business in B2C Commerce.
- Trailblazer Community: Course Catalogue
- Trailhead: Build Your Practice as a Consulting Partner
- Salesforce: Salesforce B2C Commerce Developer Certification
- Partner Community: SFCC Solution Partner Enablement Methodology (login required)
- Partner Community: Webassessor for Partners
- Partner Community: Salesforce B2C Commerce for Partners
- Partner Community: Partner Delivery Success (login required)