Meet Salesforce Anywhere for Sales Cloud
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the value Salesforce Anywhere holds for sales teams.
- Explain how Salesforce Anywhere and Sales Cloud work together.
- Identify Salesforce Anywhere components within Sales Cloud.
Life Before Salesforce Anywhere
You’re in a cab on the way to the airport. A potential customer calls and it’s urgent. She rattles off concerns about your product trial, including a laundry list of next steps for your team. You grab a notepad from your bag and feverishly jot down her thoughts.
Now you wait at your gate, cobbling together the notes, data points, and reference documents needed for a cohesive recap email to your team before your flight takes off. Hopefully, they can get to work while you’re in the air. You finally press send and board the plane.
Fast forward 3 hours. You land, take your phone off airplane mode, and press refresh on your email inbox. Your heart sinks. There isn’t one response to your perfectly crafted call notes. Frustrated, you follow up with one-off text messages to each of your colleagues.
Never Fear, Salesforce Anywhere Is Here
Salesforce Anywhere helps sales teams and their customers avoid that email black hole. That’s because Salesforce Anywhere combines the ultimate suite of productivity tools with epic collaboration features—all in one place. You can communicate in real time, make decisions together, and stay connected every step of the way.
Not convinced yet? Let’s break down the top reasons why sales teams are adopting Salesforce Anywhere.
- Get on the same page, at the same time. Salesforce Anywhere helps you work with your entire team (customers, too!) on docs, spreadsheets, and slides in real time. Every doc has an integrated chat so you can discuss the work right where it’s happening.
- Get better results with fewer emails and meetings. Stop wasting brain power on long email threads and back-to-back meetings. With Salesforce Anywhere, you can streamline workflows like planning and reporting so you can spend less time talking and more time closing deals.
- Access documents right in your favorite CRM. Now, all of your data can be in one place. Embed Salesforce Anywhere's collaborative documents, spreadsheets, slides, and chat rooms directly within Salesforce objects and records and export Salesforce reports into Salesforce Anywhere docs. You can even collaborate on projects with users who don’t have a Salesforce license.
Sounds too good to be true, right? Wrong. Let’s look at how you can put Salesforce Anywhere to work for your team.
Salesforce Anywhere Meets Salesforce
Dream team. Power couple. Dynamic duo. The list of cheesy lines about perfect pairs goes on and on. And they all describe the powerful integration that is Salesforce Anywhere and Salesforce.
Previously, Salesforce only had a place for structured information—things like customer data, marketing performance, deal cycle tracking, and forecasting—so you had to turn to other tools for collaboration. But now there’s Salesforce Anywhere. Salesforce Anywhere brings unstructured information to the table—things like communication, feedback, decision-making, and project knowledge.
What does this mean for you? It’s a fundamental enhancement to the way you collaborate inside Sales Cloud, resulting in ultimate productivity. So before you go any further, connect your Salesforce Anywhere and Salesforce accounts. Contact your admin and direct them to this article to get set up.
Now that you’re connected, what’s the first step to taking advantage of this powerhouse partnership? Knowing where to find it. That’s up next.
Where’s Salesforce Anywhere?
Note: While we’re focused on using Salesforce Anywhere in Sales Cloud in this module, you can also get all of the same great functionality in Service Cloud.
Looking for Salesforce Anywhere in Sales Cloud? Easy peasy. Just look for the logo. Really, though—that’s the easiest way to identify a Salesforce Anywhere doc in your Sales Cloud experience.
Once you find the Salesforce Anywhere logo, notice it is sitting next to one of two types of content: a document components or an associated documents look, feels and operate like any Salesforce Anywhere doc. The big difference comes down to what you are trying to accomplish.
- Document components. These are best used for master documents like account plans, quarterly business reviews, joint success plans, and so forth.
- Associated documents. These are best used for supplementary or supporting documents like call notes, service-level agreements, or historical reference materials.
Now you know why Salesforce Anywhere matters and where to find it. Next, let’s roll our sleeves up and learn how to use it.