Understand the Public Health Response to COVID-19
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the important public health metrics for COVID-19.
- Describe the current geographic and demographic distribution of COVID-19.
What Is the Public Health Response to COVID-19?
Watch the following video to see Dr. Reid explain the public health response to COVID-19, including the metrics we use to measure the spread of the virus.
The quiz at the end of this unit asks questions about the content of this video. Be sure to watch the video, so you get the information you need to answer the questions. You can find a link to download the presentation slides in the Resources section at the end of the first unit.
Look at the Response Where You Live
The exercise below isn’t scored and doesn’t have a correct answer. To complete it, check the current public health measures of COVID-19 and click the answer that applies.
Check resources for COVID-19 statistics, such as the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center and the Tableau COVID-19 Data Hub.
- Trailhead Career Path: Contact Tracer
- Video: What is contact tracing and how could it help the U.S. manage COVID-19?
- Video: Librarians turn disease detectives to trace coronavirus contacts
- Video: California Training 20,000 Disease Detectives to Track Coronavirus
- Video: How contact tracing could prevent second COVID-19 outbreak
Did You Watch the Video?
Remember, the quiz asks about the video in this unit. If you haven't watched it yet, go back and do that now. Then you'll be ready to take the quiz.