Learn the Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Define SARS CoV-2, novel coronavirus, and COVID-19.
- List the most common symptoms of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Signs and Symptoms
This module introduces you to the virus SARS CoV-2 and the disease it causes, COVID-19. Watch the following video to learn more from Dr. Michael Reid, part of the UCSF Pandemic Initiative for Equity and Action.
The quiz at the end of this unit asks questions about the content of this video. Be sure to watch the video so you get the information you need to answer the questions. You can find a link to download the presentation slides in the Resources section at the end of this unit. The slides also include content that is presented in the following units.
Read the question or term on each card, then click or tap the card to reveal the answer or definition. Click or tap the right-facing arrow to move to the next card, and the left-facing arrow to return to the previous card.
- Presentation: Basic Epidemiology
- External Site: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- External Site: World Health Organization: Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
Did You Watch the Video?
Remember, the quiz asks about the video in this unit. If you haven't watched it yet, go back and do that now. Then you'll be ready to take the quiz.