Launch Your Trailhead Playground
- Build a bare-bones customer account portal.
- Define specific experiences for specific audiences.
- Deliver personalized experiences using audience targeting.
Let’s Get This Party Started
In this project, you build a personalized customer account portal for different audiences. The goal is to introduce you to audience targeting in Experience Builder, so that different portal users logging in to the same account portal see the information that is directly targeted at them. By the end of this project, you will have taken all the steps necessary to expose different portal or site experiences to different audiences. Let’s outline them here.
- Create a portal.
- Create customer users, and assign them to a communities license and profile.
- Create different page variations for portal pages.
- Create audiences with criteria meeting your needs.
- Assign the audience to the pages (or specific components on pages).
- Publish and activate your portal.
Let’s get started!
Follow Along with Trail Together
Want to follow along with an expert as you work through this step? Take a look at this video, part of the Trail Together series.
Create Your Trailhead Playground
For this project, create a new Trailhead Playground. Scroll to the bottom of this page, click the down arrow next to Launch, and select Create a Trailhead Playground.
It typically takes 3–4 minutes from the time you first sign up for Trailhead to create your Trailhead Playground.