Send Messages and Disconnect Your Account
In Integrate Salesforce with Slack, you send a Salesforce record to Slack to kick off collaboration. Here, you learn how to send a Slack message to kick off a task. In this step you use both your connected Trailhead Playground and Slack workspace. Make sure you have both ready. Let’s start in your Trailhead Playground.
Send Messages to Salesforce
Your team is planning and budgeting for an upcoming deal. You want to make sure the conversation is added to Salesforce so that anyone viewing the record has all the context they need. You can use the Add to Salesforce message shortcut to attach a Slack message to any record in Salesforce.
Add the Message Viewer to Your Playground
Head to the Slack Setup app in your Trailhead Playground.
- Next to Org Configuration, click Edit.
- Then, click Next to head to the Add Slack Message Viewer Components to Pages section.
- Check the box next to the Classic Salesforce Environment.
- Click Add Component to Pages.
- Click Finish.
Now, head back to your Slack workspace.
Send a Message to the Account Record
- Find the message you posted congratulating your team.
- Hover over the message and click the , then click Add to Salesforce.
united oilin the search field.
- Select the United Oil & Gas Corp. account.
- Then, click Add. You get a message in Slack that the message was sent back to Salesforce.
See the Message in Salesforce
Head to Salesforce to see the message.
- In your Trailhead Playground, click to open the App Launcher.
- Search for and find Sales.
- Click Accounts.
- Find and click the United Oil & Gas Corp. account.
- Click Details, then scroll to the bottom.
- There, you find the new Slack Message Viewer and the message you just sent back to the account.
Now, all important conversations can be tracked, no matter where they happen.
Disconnect Your Account
There may come a time when you want to disconnect your account. For example, perhaps you change roles and no longer have Salesforce access, or no longer needs access to all the Salesforce records as you previously did.
- In Slack, click Apps in the left sidebar.
- Search for and select Salesforce to open the application.
- Click Disconnect account.
Sum It Up
Congratulations, you’re now an expert at using the Salesforce for Slack integration to speed up collaboration and improve productivity across your sales teams.