Minimize Disruption with Proactive Monitoring
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify key features of Proactive Monitoring.
- Explain how you can use Proactive Monitoring.
In complex technical environments, it’s important to keep expert eyes on all aspects of your customer engagement systems. With Proactive Monitoring, if you are running critical business processes on Salesforce you get continuous monitoring of your Salesforce environment and resolution guidance from Salesforce experts, so that you can act quickly if the performance of your Salesforce org degrades. Proactive Monitoring, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, can warn you of potentially critical issues before they become severe, minimizing the risk of business disruption and enabling you to prevent future problems.
Think of Proactive Monitoring as your first line of defense against technical problems that jeopardize your customer relationships.
Let’s examine each of the key features of Proactive Monitoring.
- Ongoing Monitoring To help you predict and prevent issues, Salesforce experts continuously monitor performance, errors, platform limits, and critical automations in your key Salesforce systems.
- Smart Alerts To warn you of impending problems identified by Salesforce monitoring engineers in your Salesforce environment, we send alerts to the technical contacts you identify.
- Guided Issue Resolution To ensure that you can quickly restore functionality, and reduce the likelihood of similar problems in the future, our experts give you prescriptive action plans, insights on trends we see, and best practices.
Because your Salesforce success journey is unique, you choose the monitoring and alerts that are most important to you, and can update those choices over time. Set up the right alert for the right person at the right time.
Here is a step-by-step process Salesforce monitoring engineers use to monitor and alert customers who have Proactive Monitoring.
- Tailored Setup: Our team begins by reviewing your business continuity needs and setting up alerts and communications tailored to your requirements.
- Continuous Monitoring: We monitor the processes you’ve identified as a priority, 24x7, using global engineering teams. We monitor errors, limit thresholds, automations, and email sends (if Marketing Cloud is being monitored) to prevent or minimize unplanned disruption.
- Diagnostics and Analysis: If our monitoring identifies a system slowdown or potential severe issue, our expert team assesses the potential for disruption. We also determine whether the issue is related to any known Salesforce system errors.
- Smart Alert: We then issue an outbound alert to your team so that you are aware of ongoing issues or potential problems such as failing API requests. We provide you and your support teams with recommended solutions based upon best practices and help you prevent recurrence. If the issue is a known Salesforce system error, we tell you what Salesforce is doing to resolve the problem.
- Resolution Guidance: For most problems we discover, a smart alert with resolution guidance is enough. For severe issues, we alert you, work with you to diagnose the problem, and then help to you mitigate or prevent future occurrences.
- Elevated Diagnostics: For some issues, our monitoring team has to do additional research to figure out what happened—and why—so we can help you prevent it from happening in the future. In urgent cases like this, we send you an alert and help you mitigate the negative impact while we continue our diagnostics.
- Quarterly Refresh: We send you a quarterly report that shows trends and insights based on our monitoring. Then we meet with you so you can update your monitoring, alert, and escalation preferences.
All customers who have Proactive Monitoring automatically get standard monitoring. We have analyzed trends across hundreds of thousands of customers, and we know these standard monitoring areas can provide you with the critical insights you need, regardless of your specific use cases of business processes on Salesforce.
You can also choose additional Smart Alerts from our catalog to further tailor what we monitor for your unique needs. You can choose as many additional alerts as you want.
Async Apex Executions
Bulk API Batch
Bulk API V2 Rows Processed
OData XDS Callouts
Single Email Message
Streaming Events V2
|Apex Future Performance
Apex Future Dequeue Latency
Apex Queueable Performance
Apex Queueable Dequeue Latency
Average Callout Time
Bulk API Performance
Dashboard Refresh Performance
Dashboard Queueable Dequeue Latency
Database CPU Consumption Time*
Org Average Page Time (APT)
Org Request Rate Percentage
|Asynchronous Callout Failures
Concurrent Apex Error*
Connection Pool Error*
Login Success Rate
Login Success Volume
Rowlock Timeout Error
*Standard alerts offered to all customers with Proactive Monitoring for platform and core clouds (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Community Cloud)
|API and Automations
Scheduled Automations: Not Running on Schedule, Running Long, Errored, Skipped, Stopped
|Cancelled Action Notification*
Manual Send Monitoring
Email Zero Send
Triggered Send Threshold Check
|Manual Send Monitoring
Mobile Threshold Check
|Journey Builder Email Sends
Journey Builder Mobile Sends
Journey Builder Threshold Check
*Standard alert offered to all customers with Proactive Monitoring for Marketing Cloud
So, should you upgrade to Proactive Monitoring? Well, it depends upon how you use Salesforce. Proactive Monitoring is especially useful if you have many customizations, such as custom apps, custom code, and Visualforce pages, or if you integrate Salesforce with other software solutions. Here are some examples of situations that can benefit from Proactive Monitoring.
Example 1: Sales Quote Accuracy: Your Sales Cloud and CPQ solution has customer credit ratings coming into your Salesforce from an external partner using daily bulk API jobs. The credit ratings are used to build pricing and terms for your contracts and quotes. You have a 24-hour limit on bulk API requests in Sales Cloud. If something goes wrong with your external data partner’s batch process, you can hit your limit too fast and delay or stop the process. We monitor bulk API processes so that you can catch these issues earlier and ensure accurate quotes.
Example 2: Shopping Cart Incentives: You use Marketing Cloud automations and send triggered emails to improve your customer experience and drive online sales. If the automations stop, your customer experience suffers and incentives to purchase will impact shopping cart size. We monitor these automations and alert you if we detect any unexpected queuing, error, or disruption. Then we alert the right person (someone specifically assigned to the automation in question, if you want), so that you can take quick action, resolve the issue, and protect your revenue.
Example 3: Personalized Customer Service: To help personalize customer service experiences, you hired an agency to build a new app to run in your Contact Center (within Service Cloud or Community Cloud). When you launch the new app to thousands of customers, the new app can cause your Contact Center to slow down, negatively impacting customer service. We monitor database CPU consumption so that we can ensure that custom code doesn’t impair customer experience.
Not sure if your use of Salesforce is a good match for Proactive Monitoring? Contact your success manager or account executive to schedule a conversation with one of our experts.
Proactive Monitoring is for customers running critical business processes on Salesforce so that they can act quickly if systems slow down or go down. It is a monitoring and issue response service featuring monitoring engineers who diagnose problems and tell you how to fix them. Because your processes are running on Salesforce, the world’s most trusted CRM platform, only Salesforce can monitor those processes and alert you to errors or disruptions.
- 4 Tips to Ensure Your Salesforce Customizations Won’t Slow Your Business Down [signup required]
- Protect Critical Business Processes with 24x7 Proactive Monitoring [signup required]
- Schedule a free consultation to learn if Priority Support Services are a good fit for your organization. [signup required]