Use Salesforce Help
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Find Marketing Cloud documentation in Salesforce Help.
- Search Marketing Cloud documentation.
- Bookmark Marketing Cloud resources.
From the Trailblazer Community Help tab, you will have the option to head to Documentation, Trailhead, or the Support & Services page. Since you’ve already discovered Trailhead (hooray!) and we cover Support & Services in a later unit, let’s dive into documentation and other resources available for Marketing Cloud users.
Marketing Cloud Documentation
Salesforce Help offers a central location for documentation and training about all of our products. From Salesforce Help you can easily locate topics, how-to instructions, release information, implementation guides, and general best practice content. With so many products in the Salesforce ecosystem, we want to focus on how you can search for Marketing Cloud content specifically. Let’s check it out together. To find Marketing Cloud content on help.salesforce.com use the search bar (1) or click View Documentation (2)—which takes you straight to the Salesforce Docs homepage. From the Salesforce Docs homepage, you can search for the content you are looking for or you can filter by cloud.
After filtering for Marketing Cloud, documentation is grouped by product areas, like Marketing Cloud Data Management and Analytics. Each product area breaks the topic down into small, specific content sections to help you easily find the information you need. You can also find related resources and recommended learning suggestions based on the topic you select. For example, under Marketing Cloud Data Management and Analytics, find topics like Datorama and Marketing Cloud Einstein.
If you aren’t sure of the topic, you can use the search function. Pro tip: search and then use the left-hand navigation to filter and narrow down your search. Let’s say you decide to type “email” in the search bar. Results include all content found in documentation with the word email—93 thousand results to be exact (1). That’s where the filter comes in handy. If you select Marketing Cloud when you search (2), your results immediately narrow.
In addition to product-specific topics, Salesforce Help has additional resources that are...well, helpful. Things like:
- Marketing Cloud Glossary: Learn the definitions of common Marketing Cloud terminology.
- Marketing Cloud Release Notes: Timely information about past and future Marketing Cloud releases.
- Marketing Cloud Implementation Guides: Downloadable (PDF) implementation guides that help users set up and administer Marketing Cloud features.
And while we are talking resources, there are a few places outside of Salesforce Help that we think are worth bookmarking.
- Marketing Cloud Basics: YouTube Videos: A Youtube channel of videos dedicated to Marketing Cloud content.
- Marketing Cloudcast: Soundcloud podcast for trailblazers interested in marketing.
- Marketing Cloud Developer Center: The developer center is documentation designed for Marketing Cloud developers. It includes information about SDKs, APIs, and programmatic languages. Even if you aren’t a developer, it’s helpful to learn the lingo.
Now that you have a toolbelt of documentation resources to help you on your Marketing Cloud journey, let’s connect with some of your fellow trailblazers in the next unit.
- Trailhead: Marketing Cloud Setup
- Salesforce Trust: Salesforce Trust Homepage
- Salesforce Help: Homepage
- Salesforce Help: Documentation Homepage
- Salesforce Help: Marketing Cloud Glossary
- Salesforce Help: Marketing Cloud Release Notes
- Salesforce Help: Marketing Cloud Implementation Guides
- Salesforce: Marketing Cloud Basics Video (YouTube channel)
- External: Marketing Cloudcast (Soundcloud podcast)
- Salesforce Developer: Marketing Cloud Developer Center