Distribute the Flow Using the Utility Bar
Implement the Flow Using the Utility Bar
Activate the flow, so that non-admin users can run the flow.
On the button bar, click Close.
The Cloud Flow Designer closes, and the flow detail page opens.
- For the version you saved, click Activate.
- On the button bar, click Close.
Open the Sales Lightning app.
- In Setup, enter App in Quick Find, then select App Manager.
- For the app whose Developer Name is LightningSales, click and select Edit.
Add the flow to the Sales Lightning app’s utility bar.
- Under App Settings, click Utility Bar.
- Click Add, and select Flow.
- In the utility item properties, change the label to Survey Customers.
- In the component properties, for Flow select Survey customers.
- Save your changes, then click Back.
Create a Fictional Survey Record
- Click .
- Under All Apps, click Sales.
In the utility bar, click Survey Customers.
- Because you want to test that a record is created, for Customer Response select Yes.
Respond to the survey as follows.
Question Response Before we begin, can you confirm your name? Madison Rigsby Of the following options, how would you rate your interactions with the Preferred Repair team? Excellent Of the following options, how satisfied are you with the Preferred Repair service? Satisfied Do you have any other comments you’d like to share with us? Not at this time
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Verify the Survey Record
Navigate to the survey record for Madison Rigsby.
- Click .
- Under All Items, click Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- Click Madison Rigsby.
Verify that your responses appear in the survey record.
Take It Further
- To quickly address cases where customers reported dissatisfaction with the service, configure the flow to email a support manager on the Preferred Repair team.
- To give the flow more power, associate the survey records it generates with contacts in the Salesforce database.
For practice with other use cases, check out the other flow projects in Trailhead.