Create a Tab for the Review Object
In this project, you’ll:
- Create tabs, quick actions, record types, and customized page layouts on an existing app for a more streamlined user experience.
- Enable Chatter for the objects in the app to allow recruiters to more easily share information about candidates.
In the Lightning platform, clicking tabs is how you navigate around an app. Every tab serves as the starting point for viewing, editing, and entering information for a particular object. When you build custom objects for an app, you can create custom tabs that look and behave just like the ones for standard objects. And any customizations you make appear perfectly seamless to users.
For this project, you continue customizing AW Computing’s Recruiting app, which the HR team uses as they work to place applicants into open positions in the company. Ling Wu, the vice president of Human Resources, would like her recruiters to have an efficient user interface that helps them match the right candidate with the right job more quickly.
Create a Reviews Tab
To get this project rolling, start by creating a tab for the Review object in the AW Computing Recruiting app.
- From Setup, enter
Tabsin the Quick Find box, then select Tabs.
- In the Custom Object Tabs section, click New.
- From the Object picklist, select Review.
- Click and select Thermometer.
- Click Next.
- Leave the profile as is and click Next.
- In the Add to Custom Apps section:
- Deselect Include Tab.
- Select Append tab to users’ existing personal customizations.
- Click Save.
Next, customize what users see by reordering the tabs for the Recruiting app.
- From Setup, enter
App Managerin the Quick Find box, then select App Manager.
- Click next to the Recruiting entry and select Edit.
- Click Navigation Items.
- From the Available Items list, hold control/command and select Job Posting Sites and Reviews, then click to add the tabs to the Selected Items list
- In the Selected Items section, rearrange the tabs by clicking on each and using the up or down arrows to put the tabs in this order:
- Job Applications
- Job Posting Sites
- Click Save, then click Back .
You’re off to a good start. Move on to the next step and create an object-specific quick action.