Become a Mobile Data Explorer
Explore Data on the Go
You’re starting to have a big impact in your new job as Sales Manager at DTC Electronics. While earning your desktop exploration badge on Analytics, you dove into your data as you can do only in Analytics, and you realized that your light laptop sales are dropping. You decided to start a sales contest to get the light laptop sales back on track.
You just jumped in a taxi heading to the airport, and you don’t want to wait until you’re back at your desk to continue your explorations. So in this unit, you’ll install the Analytics application on your phone and walk quickly through the interface before doing your first exploration in the next unit.
Install the Analytics Mobile App
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for Einstein Analytics.
- Tap GET to install the app.
- Tap OPEN to launch the Einstein Analytics app.
- Accept the License Agreement, and then take the walkthrough on the main concepts of Analytics.
Now you’re ready to rock ’n’ roll!
Explore the Playground to Get Familiar with the Mobile App
You can tap Dashboards or Datasets to view lists of these assets. Or you can search by tapping .
- Tap Dashboards to see a list of the dashboards.
- Tap DTC Opportunity Details to open the dashboard.
- Tap the Won filter below the chart.
- Now let’s see more information about those won opportunities. Tap the Opportunity Details tab. Now you see a list of all won opportunities.
See how easy it is to drill down and interact with your data?
- You can also go from a dashboard to exploring a specific lens directly by tapping the lens and then tapping .
- When you’re ready to close the lens, tap in the upper left corner.
- Tap again to close the dashboard.
Have you noticed that each asset has an ellipses next to it? Tap this icon to see more information about the asset, to mark it as a favorite, or to access other actions available for that asset.
Log In to Your Org
- Tap the icon in the upper left corner to open the account screen.
- Tap Add New Account. You’ll be redirected to the standard Salesforce login page.
- Enter your Developer Edition org credentials, and then submit them. For security, you might also have to enter a verification code that’s emailed to you.
- Tap Allow on the permission request page.
You’re now connected to your org! You can connect to multiple orgs through the same process and switch between them using the account list.
You can tap View All to see all of your apps, dashboards, and lenses. On the home page you can see your recent favorites.
- My Exploration—the app you created to store your lenses.
- My DTC Sales—the sample app we’ve provided for Trailhead.
If you change your favorite apps, you’ll see the change on desktop, and vice versa.
All your business data is now available for instant exploration from the palm of your hand.
Dive Deeper with Mobile Exploration
In the next unit, you’ll try to find laptop-selling tips to share with your sales reps to get them started on the light laptop sales contest.