Start Exploring Tableau CRM
Presenting Tableau CRM
Your company data lives in different locations, such as Salesforce, ERPs, data warehouses, and log files. When viewed together, all this data can be a gold mine, changing the way you see your business and improving your customers’ entire experience. Tableau CRM solves the challenge of combining all this information to answer key questions of your business users.
Tableau CRM is Salesforce—secure, trusted, scalable, and, of course, mobile! It enables everyone in your org to get immediate access to powerful data insights through its intuitive point-and-click visual interface. Whether you’re on a desktop browser or a mobile device, you can get the answers you need from your data in order to run your business.
The technology powering Tableau CRM is a game changer, allowing you to bring self-service business intelligence to your teams. No need to wait for IT to wrangle data and create complex queries. No schemas need to be designed. No installation required. Just get in! Get dirty! Get answers now with Tableau CRM!
What Can You Do with Tableau CRM?
Start Exploring Your Data
Because there’s no point analyzing data without a goal, we’ll walk you through explorations based on concrete business use cases, all in the context of a story. Explorations are designed to help you better understand your business and make data-driven decisions. In this story, explorations will show you how to take a question and get an answer from your data. You’ll see that new questions often arise as you’re exploring the data. Instead of waiting for someone to provide an answer, you’ll be able to use Tableau CRM to answer the new question instantly.
Let’s dive into the story.
Welcome to Your New Job!
One of your first goals is to help your group make decisions based on data analysis. DTC chose Tableau CRM because it’s a self-service application that provides fast time to value. You have a ton of sales data already in Salesforce that you want to explore using Tableau CRM. Later, you might want to pull in other Salesforce data, like cases—as well as external data—to give you a 360-degree view of your business.
So, are you ready? To complete these explorations and earn the trail badges, we’ll provide you with a special Developer Edition org that comes with Tableau CRM and contains sample data and a sample app from your new company. We’ll cover how to get the special org next.
Try Tableau CRM with a Developer Edition org
Sign up the Tableau CRM-enabled Developer Edition org:
- Go to developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/analytics-de.
- Fill out the form using an active email address.
- Your username must also look like an email address and be unique, but it doesn’t need to be a valid email account. For example, your username can be email@example.com, or you can put in your company name.
- Click Sign me up. A confirmation message appears.
- Open and click the link in the activation email waiting in your inbox.
- Complete your registration, and set your password and challenge question.
- Write down or remember your credentials. To log in and play, just go to login.salesforce.com.
Way to go! You’re logged in to your Developer Edition org with your DTC Electronics sales app and data!
To be fair, we have made things a little easier for you in this trail by creating an org that already has all sorts of goodies ready to go. The org has Tableau CRM enabled, it has all necessary permissions defined, and it includes an Tableau CRM app with some pre-loaded test data. If you want to learn about the admin work for enabling and setting up Tableau CRM, check out the trail called Build and Administer Tableau CRM.
Connect your new org to Trailhead:
- Log in to your Trailhead account.
- Click the playground name and then click Connect Org located in the Challenge section at the bottom of this page.
- Enter the username and password for the Developer Edition you just set up on the login screen.
- Click Allow at the Allow Access? screen.
- Click Yes! Save it. on the Want to connect this org for hands-on challenges? screen. You are redirected back to the challenge page and ready to use your new Developer Edition to earn this badge.
Now you’re ready to complete the hands-on challenge below and then jump into the next unit to learn your way around your new Tableau CRM home page.
Copyright Rights of ALBERT EINSTEIN are used with permission of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Represented exclusively by Greenlight.