Use Entitlements in Customer Cases
- Apply your timeline of required steps to a customer case.
- Describe common ways to customize entitlements in your org.
- You should still be on the Hats, Inc. detail page. In the Entitlements related list, click Create Case next to the Standard Web Support entitlement.
- Use these settings:
- Priority = High
- Subject = Malfunctioning Hat Box Maker
- Case Origin = Web
- Leave the rest of the fields as is, and click Save.
Let’s review what you’ve accomplished. You’ve set up an awesome entitlement process to enforce your Happy Customer policy. You applied the process to a customer entitlement, and used it in a case. How does this all fit into the bigger picture?
- You can apply the Standard Support entitlement process you created to any customer entitlement to enforce case resolution times. Just select the process in the Entitlement Process lookup field on an entitlement.
- You can use the master milestone you created (Resolution Time) in any entitlement process to enforce case resolution SLA terms. Just add it to an entitlement process via the Milestones related list on the process.
- To keep things simple, Salesforce limits the changes you can make to an entitlement process once it’s activated. If you want the option to create and maintain multiple versions of an entitlement process, enable entitlement versioning. When you set up a new version of an entitlement process, you can migrate entitlements and cases from the old version to the new one.