Unlock the Marketing Ecosystem with Marketplace
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Explain how the Datorama Marketplace connects the marketing ecosystem.
- Describe the key functionality of the Datorama Marketplace.
- Describe some of the most popular Marketplace apps.
To succeed in the digital age, marketers need to move fast. They need on-demand insights across all their marketing, and then they need to optimize and act quickly to drive growth. Yet the ever-expanding marketing ecosystem of tools, channels, and campaigns means that it’s harder than ever to quickly and easily implement solutions that support all of a marketer’s data needs.
That’s why Datorama built Marketplace, the one-stop shop for marketing intelligence that makes it simple to create a single source of truth in just a few clicks. Marketplace is a constantly expanding ecosystem of curated apps created by partners, developers, and clients.
By visiting Marketplace, Datorama users can discover, test, and install apps made for specific use cases (examples follow). Each app is prepackaged with all the functionality and power of Datorama: connecting and unifying, analyzing and reporting, and acting and collaborating.
Marketplace is also connected to the largest business-to-business (B2B) app store in the world: the Salesforce AppExchange. Users can easily discover apps on the AppExchange (see Resources) and then request installation directly from the AppExchange storefront.
Let’s take a closer look at a few apps.
Apps are the core of the Marketplace, and are what make it such a unique tool for marketers. Each app is purpose-built for a distinct use case, meaning that Datorama users can effortlessly expand their intelligence capabilities.
Each app identifies the key components needed for a solution dedicated to a use case. During installation, users integrate and unify relevant data sources. Then, those data sources are automatically visualized in an interactive interface for easy analysis. Finally, relevant activation capabilities are added.
Apps come in many shapes and sizes: From channel-specific apps such as a Facebook SmartLens, to a robust lead generation control panel. Here are a few examples of what’s in the Marketplace:
- Marketing Cloud Email App: Benchmark and measure the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns.
- Lead Generation App: Connect B2B paid, owned, and organic campaigns to lead results, velocity, and opportunities (through Sales Cloud).
- Workspace Health App: Monitor data quality in Datorama across every marketing source in one actionable view.
- Social Intelligence App: Compare brand presence for competitive insights across Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- SmartLens Apps: Analyze top marketing sources by displaying KPIs, trends and instant analytics for Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Campaign Manager, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, YouTube Ads, Bing Ads, AppNexus, and more.
Now that we’ve take a closer look at apps, let’s go over who makes them.
At Salesforce, we believe in the power of open ecosystems. That’s why we built Marketplace for developers and partners to develop their own apps. Marketplace allows the Datorama community to be involved in the ideation and creation of new apps. Marketplace unites these groups around one common goal: making marketing intelligence accessible, scalable, and fast.
The Marketplace ecosystem is made up of three core groups:
- Datorama users: Datorama users are the core consumers of apps. They install and use apps, and provide their viewpoints on how to improve apps and which new apps are needed the most.
- Datorama Partners team: Our dedicated partners team curates apps and provides guidance to partners on how to build apps, submit them for approval, and distribute them on the Marketplace and Salesforce AppExchange.
- Datorama Partners and Developers: Partners and developers—and sometimes clients themselves—use our tools and services, such as the Datorama Developer Portal, to create apps and submit them to the Partners team for inclusion in the Marketplace.
Marketplace benefits each part of the ecosystem. Marketers and Datorama users gain access to ready-to-install solutions made by a community of experts. With the help of a dedicated partners team, Datorama partners and developers expand their reach to a global user base of marketers.
We want all apps available on Marketplace to be easy-to-use, simple to install, and secure. That’s why we work closely with all of our partners to provide the resources needed to build purpose-driven apps that our users can trust. These resources include user guides and coding tools. See Resources to learn more.
Now that you know how Datorama connects the marketing ecosystem with Marketplace, next let’s see how brands and agencies are using Datorama today.