Install Salesforce Mobile App Emulator for Android
Now that you installed the mobile app simulator for iOS, let's install the mobile app simulator for Android.
Configure Your Android Mobile Emulator
Android Studio is the IDE for Android mobile applications and contains an Android emulator that can be used to test all of your Lightning web components. After it’s configured, it can be run straight from Visual Studio Code, which we go over later.
- Download and install the latest version of Android Studio. If you already have Android Studio installed, there’s no need to reinstall it.
- Launch Android Studio.
- On the Welcome to Android Studio page, click Configure (or More Actions) | AVD Manager.
- Click + Create Virtual Device.
- In the new window, select your preferred device and click Next.
- Select a Release and click Next. You may need to download a release first before you are able to proceed.
- Configure any other preferred settings and click Finish.
- In the AVD Manager window, click in the Actions column of the device to launch the Android Emulator.
- Close Android Studio, but keep the Android Emulator window open to install the Salesforce app in the next section.
Install the Salesforce Mobile App Emulator for Android
Your newly configured Android emulator doesn’t automatically include the Salesforce Mobile app, so you must install it to test your Lightning web components. And if you’re testing against multiple Android devices, you must install the app for each device emulator.
- Download the Android emulator build of the Salesforce Mobile app from Salesforce Mobile Tools.
- If you encounter a redirect page, click Continue.
- Drag the downloaded .apk file into the Android Emulator window.
- Click a blank space on the Android screen and drag up to view the installed apps.
- Click the Salesforce app.
- Click I Agree to agree to the end-user license agreement.
- Enter your Salesforce username and password for your development org, and click Log In.
- Enter the verification code that was texted to you and click Verify.
- Click Allow to allow the app to access your Salesforce information. You’ll be greeted with a Welcome to the Salesforce Mobile App popup.
- Click Get Started to start using the app.
That’s it! Now you can use the Salesforce mobile app for Android on your computer. You can also open the emulator window directly from Visual Studio Code.
We won’t check any of your setup. Click Verify Step to go to the next step in the project.