Brand the Community
Add Company Branding
Much like business cards, television commercials, or billboards, branding is key for communities! The Ursa Major Solar community needs an Ursa Major Solar look. In this next step, add some visual appeal with a company logo, header image, and featured topic images.
- Click in the upper left corner and click Builder from the menu selector.
Note: If the popup box appears, click the x to close it.
- Click the Theme icon then click Images to expand the Images menu.
- Click the Upload an image icon under Company Logo.
- Click Upload Image.
- Select the UrsaMajorLogo.png file from the folder you downloaded, and click Open.
- Click the Upload an image icon under Header Image.
- Click Upload Image.
- Select Sunrise.jpg file from your downloaded folder, and click Open.
Customize Using the Community Builder
More customizing! Edit community pages and components with the Community Builder, and customize their design and content.
- Ensure you are on the Home page (it will show on the tab at the top of the page).
- Click the Page Structure icon in the upper left.
- In the Content Header section, click Headlineand make these changes using the Headline menu:
Welcome to Ursa Major Solar’s Customer Community!
Find solutions, ask questions, and contact support.
- In the Sidebar section, click Reputation Leaderboard, and make the following change using the Reputation Leaderboard menu:
- In the Sidebar section, click Trending Topicsand make the following change using the Trending Topics menu:
Hot Right Now
Note: If there are any published articles in the community that are tagged with topics, they show up under the Trending Topics component at this point.
- In the Content Footer section, click Contact Support & Ask Buttonsand make the following changes using the Contact Support and Ask Buttons menu:
Ask Community Label:
Ask Your Peers
Contact Support Label:
- Ask Community Label:
Add Images to Featured Topics
Featured Topics are useful but to be more visually appealing, they need images. Add some images that reflect Ursa Major Solar’s look.
- Click the Settings icon on the left.
- With General tab open, scroll down and select Set Featured Topics.
- Click the Batteries item to expand the menu.
- Click Upload thumbnail image to upload an image.
- Click SolarBatteries.jpg from the folder you downloaded earlier, and click Open.
- Click Close.
- Repeat the previous steps for Inverters (SolarInverter.jpg) and Solar Panels (SolarPanels.jpg).
- Click Save.
Various Ways to View the Community
Now that you’re done some customizing, see how the community appears on different devices.
- Click the View Mode button at the top of the page and see how your community appears on a phone (Mobile) and a tablet.
- Using the View Mode button, put it in Desktop mode again.
Time to Shine
Time to publish and activate your community. Publishing will push out your most recent changes made to the community.
- Click Publish.
- Click Publish in the Publish popup.
- Click Got It.
- Click Preview in the upper right corner to see all the changes you made to the community.
- In the upper right corner, click Back to Builder.
Activate the community to make it accessible to community members. In a Lightning community, activating sends out a welcome email to all community members.
- From Builder, click the community menu in the upper left, and then click Workspaces.
- Click the Administration tile.
- Click Activate Community, then click OK.
In this step you customized, customized, and customized the community even more. You added Ursa Major Solar branding, used the Community Builder, and activated your community. Your next step is all about engaging users via Reputation Levels.