Add Cross Filters
Filter a Report by Its Child Object
Use a cross filter to fine-tune your results by including or excluding records from related objects and their fields, without having to write formulas or code.
Ursa Major resolves cases through meetings, phone calls, and other situations where they speak directly with customers. Ada wants to see which actions her new reps have taken to resolve the cases. She can check case activity status with a cross filter.
- Click Reports, then find your Cases by Status report and click Edit.
- To open the Filters pane, click Filters.
- Click and select Add Cross Filter.
- Leave with as the operator and select Activities as the secondary object.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save & Run. Filter logic doesn't apply to cross filters, so there's no need to change or remove it.
Looks like there’s no data to show. That means Ada’s reps haven’t resolved the two open cases. The cases are still relatively young, but swift action now could lead to lifelong partnerships for Ursa Major Solar. Ada’s reps can look forward to some activity assignments in the near future!