Embed a Report Chart
Embed a Report Chart on the Account Details Page
It’s great to have the pipeline charts on the Home page, but the Ursa Major sales reps also spend a lot of time looking at individual accounts. So Maria also embeds a pipeline-related chart on the Accounts Details page.
- From Setup, enter App Builder in the Quick Find box, then select Lightning App Builder.
- Click New.
- Select Record Page and then click Next.
- In the Label field, name the page Account Detail with Report Chart. From the Object dropdown, select Account. Click Next.
- Multiple page templates are available to choose from. Select Header and Left Sidebar and then click Finish.
- Find Report Chart on the left and drag it to the template where you would like to add the chart. The available sections depend on the template you select.
- Under Report on the right side panel, select Opportunity Stages. The panel also has settings to control the visibility of the embedded chart.
- Click Save.
- If this is your first time saving the page, you’re asked whether you want to activate now. Click Activate to continue. If you’ve previously saved the page, click the Activation... button to the right of the Save button.
- Now choose the level at which to activate the page. The settings at lower levels override the higher-level settings. Because your selections can affect other users, we recommend activating just for the purpose you have in mind. In this case, select the APP, RECORD TYPE, AND PROFILE tab and then click Assign to Apps, Record Types, and Profiles.
- Select Sales as the app to apply the activation to and then click Next.
- Form factor options are displayed. Click Next to continue.
- Select Master as the record type for the activation and then click Next.
- Scroll down and select Standard User and System Administrator as the profiles to apply the page to and then click Next. The profile determines the set of users who see the custom page.
- Review the settings and then click Save.
- Click Save in the app builder.
- The embedded report chart is now in place. To verify, click Back to leave the App Builder setup. From the App Launcher, find and select Sales. Then open the Accounts page, select your preferred view, and select an individual account.
Everything is now set up, and Maria and her Sales VP are delighted. Sales reps now have the pipeline data front and center whenever they view their Home page or the details for an account.
- Salesforce Help: Embed Dashboards on the Home Tab and in Lightning Apps