Embed a Dashboard
Next, Maria creates a custom home page that includes the embedded dashboard.
- From Setup, enter App Builder in the Quick Find box, then select Lightning App Builder.
- Click New.
- Select Home Page and then click Next.
- In the Label field, name the page Home Page with Opps Dashboard and then click Next.
- Select the Standard Home Page template and then click Finish.
- Find Dashboard on the left and drag it to the template where you would like to add the dashboard. The template has several sections, and you can drag a different component to each one.
- Select Opps Pipeline (Opps Dashboards) in the right side panel. The panel also has settings for displaying and filtering the dashboard.
- Click Save.
- If this is your first time saving the page, you’re asked whether you want to activate now. Click Activate to continue. If you’ve previously saved the page, click the Activation... button to the right of the Save button.
- Now choose the level at which to activate the page. The settings at lower levels override the higher-level settings. Because your selections can affect other users, we recommend activating just for the purpose you have in mind. In this case, click the APP AND PROFILE tab and then select Assign to Apps and Profiles.
- Check Sales as the app to apply the activation to and then click Next.
- Scroll down and select Standard User and System Administrator as the profiles to apply the page to and then click Next. The profile determines the set of users who see the custom page.
- Review the assignments and then click Save.
- Click Save in the app builder.
- To verify that the Home page has been changed, click Back to leave the App Builder setup. From the App Launcher, find and select Sales. Then click the Home tab to confirm that the dashboard is now embedded.
The Ursa Major Solar sales reps now have the pipeline visualization as the centerpiece of their Salesforce Home page.
- Salesforce Help: Embedded Report Charts