Use the Salesforce Mobile App
You can access the Salesforce mobile app in three ways:
- As a downloadable mobile app that you install on your phone from the Apple App Store or Google Play
- By navigating to
login.salesforce.comusing a mobile browser
- By using the Chrome Developer Tools
For this step, we'll use the last option.
- Click to launch the App Launcher. Select Trailblazer.
- Select Waypoints.
- Select El Capitan. Copy the browser URL. You’ll need this in a moment.
- Open a new tab in your Chrome browser and open the Developer Tools by clicking View | Developer | Developer Tools
- Click the Toggle Device Mode button to simulate your browser as a mobile device.
- To simulate the Salesforce mobile app in your browser, paste in the URL you copied on the previous tab. Now you’re previewing the mobile experience for your app, right from the desktop.
- Notice the icons on the bottom. The first icon is your Quick Action that creates a new waypoint. Click the Waypoint icon.
- For Waypoint Name, enter
Tunnel Viewand click Save.
Congratulations! With just a few clicks, you created your own web app that you can use to track the places you want to visit in Yosemite National Park. You also customized the mobile app to add a Quick Action so that you can easily add more waypoints. You can continue to flesh out this app in a lot of ways. For ideas, check out the other quick starts and trails, modules, and projects in Trailhead.