Test in the Salesforce Mobile App
So far you've done the setup from a desktop machine. Now you can see what it's like to use the app as an end-user in the Salesforce mobile app. You can access the Salesforce mobile app in a number of ways:
- As a downloadable mobile app (Salesforce) that you install on your phone from the Apple AppStore or Google Play
- By navigating to
login.salesforce.comusing a mobile browser
- By using the Chrome Developer Tools
For this step, we'll use the last option, because it's an easy way to develop and test.
- Click Back to return to Setup.
- Click to launch the App Launcher. Select Field Sales App.
- Copy the browser URL. You’ll need this in a moment.
- Open a new tab in your Chrome browser and open the Developer Tools by clicking View | Developer | Developer Tools
- Click the Toggle Device Mode button to simulate your browser as a mobile device.
- To simulate the Salesforce mobile app in your browser, paste in the URL you copied on the previous tab. Now you’re previewing the mobile experience for your app, right from the desktop.
- You can now view the quick actions that you added with App Builder in this view. At the bottom, click the New Lead action and add a lead named John Smith from XYZ Corp, and then click Save.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see your newly created lead under Opportunities & Leads.
Congratulations! In just a few minutes, you created an app using Lightning App Builder. Field agents can log a call and create leads, cases, and tasks, all from the Salesforce mobile app. Best of all, you’ve built the app without writing a single line of code!