Sign Up for an Analytics-Enabled Developer Edition Org
Get the Analytics Edge
In this Trailhead Project, you get hands-on experience with Einstein Analytics. We give you a comprehensive introduction to the product so that you can bring the Analytics edge to your Salesforce org.
You’re going to sign up for your own Analytics-enabled Developer Edition org, and then build an app with a dashboard and a lens. We show you how to create data visualizations in the explorer and dashboard designer and share your insights with your team.
Let’s Do This
First, sign up for a special, Analytics-enabled, Developer Edition org so you can start working with Einstein Analytics.
- Go to developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/wave-de.
- Fill out the form using an active email address. Your username must also look like an email address and be unique, but it doesn’t need to be a valid email account. For example, your username can be email@example.com, or you can put in your company name.
- After you fill out the form, click Sign me up. A confirmation
- When you receive the activation email, open it and click Verify Account.
- Set your password and challenge question, and click Change Password.
Way to go! You’re logged in to your Developer Edition, a Salesforce org with Analytics enabled and all the necessary permissions defined. Your org also has preloaded data integrated into an Analytics dataset that’s ready to explore. (If you want to learn about the admin work for enabling and setting up Analytics, check out the trail called Build and Administer Analytics.)
Now, connect your new org to Trailhead.
- Make sure you're logged in to your Trailhead account.
- In the Challenge section at the bottom of this page, select Log into a Developer Edition from the Trailhead Playground picklist.
- On the login screen, enter the username and password for the Developer Edition you just set up.
- At the Allow Access? screen, click Allow.
- At the Want to connect this org for hands-on challenges? screen, click Yes! Save it. You are redirected back to the challenge page and ready to use your new Developer Edition to earn this badge.
Now you’re ready for the Hands-on Challenge. Click the green Verify Step button. Then move to the next step, where you create an app and a lens.
Copyright Rights of ALBERT EINSTEIN are used with permission of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Represented exclusively by Greenlight.