Create an App and a Lens
Create an App
An Einstein Analytics app is a curated set of analyses and paths through your data, plus powerful tools for spontaneous, deep explorations. Analytics starts with apps. Apps organize data projects, run presentations directly from dashboards, and control asset sharing.
Now that you’ve signed in to your Analytics-enabled Developer Edition org and connected it to Trailhead, you’re ready to get started.
- If you’re not already there, open your Developer Edition org.
- Click the App Launcher and then click the Analytics
- In Analytics, click the Create button at the upper right, and then select App.
- Click Create Blank App.
- Enter My Amazing App as the name of your app.
- Click Create.
You created an app, and it displays in a new tab. Now, let’s build some Analytics assets for your app.
Create a Lens
A lens is a visualization of data in a dataset. You use the lens to explore data graphically and to build queries for a dashboard.
- On the top left, click the Analytics Studio tab.
- Scroll down to Datasets, and then click the DTC Opportunity dataset.
- On the left side, under Bar Length, click the words
Count of Rows (not the down arrow next to the words).
- Click Sum, and then select Amount.
- Under Bars, click the plus sign (+), and then select Industry.
- Under Bars, click the plus sign (+), and then select Product Family.
- Under Bar Length, click the arrow to the right of Sum of Amount, and select Sort Descending.
- On the far right side, click the Charts icon .
- Click the Stacked Column chart icon to create a Stacked Column chart.
- On the top-right side, click Save .
- For the title of your new lens, enter My Amazing Lens, and then select App -> My Amazing App.
- Click Save.
Now that you’ve created your own app and a lens, you’re ready to create a dashboard. You’ll also create an interactive chart, list widget, and a table created from a conversational query.