Update the Exchange Rate with ACM
Another way to work with the exchange rate is through the advanced currency management tool. You can manage rates with specific dates.
Enable Advanced Currency Management
- Click the setup cog and select Setup.
Manage Currenciesin the Quick Find box and select Manage Currencies. Note: If Manage Currencies does not appear in your Quick Find search, enter
Company Information, and click Currency Setup.
- Click Enable under Advanced Currency Management is not enabled.
- On the confirmation that appears, select the Yes, I want to enable Advanced Currency Management box, and then click Enable. Note: Dependent on your browser, you may need to click Open. A new tab will open in Classic.
Update the Euro exchange rate with a start date.
- Click Manage Dated Exchange Rates, and click Continue on the splash screen.
- Click New Exchange Rates, and then complete the fields.
- Start Date: (first day of next month)
- Click Save, then close the Classic tab.
Edit the Euro Currency Test Opportunity
Next, edit the close date on the Euro opportunity to see how the converted amount changes depending on the exchange rate.
- Click the App Launcher and select Sales.
- Click the Opportunities tab.
- From the Recently Viewed opportunities list, click Euro Currency Test and click the Details tab to compare the converted amount to the one you noted earlier.
- Click Edit.
- Change the Close Date to the first date of next month.
- Click Save.
Notice how the converted amount has changed because the new exchange rate is being used.
Now that we have applied the advanced currency management option, let’s continue customizing, but this time for specific profiles. The VP of Support has requested a unique home page for the Support team. Let’s customize it!