Filter an Embedded Dashboard
Add a Filter to an Embedded Dashboard
If you’re not already looking at an account page, follow these steps.
- In the navigation bar of the Sales app, click the down arrow on the right of the Accounts tab.
- Click All Accounts.
- In the Account Name column, click any account name, such as Adkins907 Inc.
Add the filter to the embedded Opportunity Details dashboard.
- In the account page, click the Setup icon at the upper right, and then click Edit Page.
- Click anywhere in the Opportunity Details dashboard.
- In the properties list on the right, click Add Dashboard Filter under the Dashboard Filters section to open the dashboard filter builder.
- In the Dataset field, select DTC Opportunity.
- For Dataset Field, select Account Name.
- For Operator, select Equals, and for Object Field select Account > Name.
- To apply the filter, click Ok.
- Click Save in the upper right.
- To return to the account page, click Back in the upper right.
Depending on the account you selected, the Opportunity Details dashboard might or might not show any data. The Adkins907 Inc account, for instance, has no open opportunities, so the only interesting number is the total for won opportunities.
You can prove that you’re looking at only the opportunities for Adkins907 in the dashboard: Click in the Account filter. You see that the only account listed is Adkins907 Inc.
Let’s look at something a bit more interesting.
- In the Search Salesforce box at the top of the page, type Banks379.
- In the search results, click the entry for the Banks379 Inc account.
The Opportunity Details dashboard shows no open opportunities. In the Stage section, you can click Won to see two won opportunities. (This account has two opportunities in total. You can see all of them by scrolling down to the Opportunities section of the page.)
You can select any account page, and the embedded dashboard now filters its data to show only the opportunities associated with that account. A sales rep can quickly see which opportunities are the most promising to pursue. Or the VP of Sales can check the open opportunities for an account and see at a glance how they’re progressing.
Go Beyond Tableau CRM Embedded in Salesforce
Embedding a dashboard in a Lightning Experience page and adding a filter are just the start to making Tableau CRM dashboards and their data insights available everywhere. Consult the resources listed at the end of this project to learn more about advanced embedding and integrating technologies.