Deliver Analytics Where People Work in Lightning Experience
In this project, you’ll:
- Embed a dashboard in a Lightning Experience home page.
- Embed a dashboard in a Lightning Experience account page.
- Use a filter to show only data that’s relevant for a particular record.
With Analytics Studio, you can create and share Einstein Analytics dashboards with almost anyone or everyone in your org. All they need to do is to use the App Launcher to open Analytics Studio and then open a dashboard.
But sharing this way means that your dashboards are kind of hiding behind a wall. Out of sight, out of mind. Your dashboards are awesome. Wouldn’t they be more awesome if you could put them right where your teams are working?
After you develop those awesome Analytics dashboards, don’t stop there. You can deliver Analytics functionality wherever you normally work in Salesforce, and even elsewhere.
You might have a great sales dashboard that deserves a place on the home page of your org. Or an opportunity dashboard that can be really useful on account pages.
How about embedding a chart in an app? Or even bringing it to an external website?
With Einstein Analytics, you can put all those great dashboards right where you and users do their daily work. That way, you can do analytics right from the comfort of your usual Salesforce pages—without even opening Analytics Studio.
The easiest (and probably most useful) way to embed is in Lightning Experience. That used to be hard, involving finicky details such as writing JSON. Now it’s just clicks in the UI. We show you that here, because it’s the quickest path to success. We also show you a few advanced techniques that can make embedded dashboards even more useful by creating special filters.
- Add dashboards to external web pages.
- Embed Einstein Analytics functionality in Salesforce or third-party apps. For example, an app can include the results of a query; using events, Analytics then notifies or updates the app in response to changes in the query results.
- Add fine-grained access to Analytics functionality in external apps.
- Use Salesforce Query Language (SAQL) to write unique data queries, either inside or outside the Analytics platform.
To complete this project, you need a special Developer Edition org that contains a limited Analytics platform license and our sample data. Get the free Developer Edition and connect it to Trailhead now so you can complete the challenges in this project.
- Sign up for a free Einstein Analytics–enabled Developer Edition org.
- Fill out the form. For Email, enter an active email address. For Username, enter a username that looks like an email address and is unique, but it doesn’t need to be a valid email account (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After you fill out the form, click Sign me up. A confirmation message appears.
- When you receive the activation email (which can take a few minutes), open it and click Verify Account.
- Complete your registration by setting your password and challenge question.
You are logged in to your Developer Edition org. Now connect your new Developer Edition org to Trailhead.
- Make sure you’re logged in to your Trailhead account.
- In the Challenge section at the bottom of this page, select Log into a Developer Edition from the picklist.
- On the login screen, enter the username and password for the Developer Edition org you just set up.
- On the Allow Access? screen, click Allow.
- On the Want to connect this org for hands-on challenges? screen, click Yes! Save it.
You are redirected back to the challenge page and ready to use your new Developer Edition to earn this badge.