Create a Custom Candidate Record Page
When you generate a custom record page for the Candidate object, you can easily add, remove, or reorder Lightning components. That’s the next step in improving the Recruiting app for Ling Wu’s team.
Add a Lightning Component
Start by adding the Recent Items component to the Candidate record page.
- Click to open the App Launcher, then click Recruiting.
- Click the Candidates tab.
- Click New to create a Candidate record, enter a first and last name, then click Save.
- Click to reveal the Setup menu, then select Edit Page. This is a shortcut to get into App Builder and clone the default record page for the Candidate object. Notice the headings on this page: Lightning App Builder and Candidate Record Page.
- Drag the Recent Items Lightning component from the list of standard components to the top of the Page Canvas, above the component featuring the Related and Details tabs.
6. Click Save, Activate, Assign as Org Default.
7. Select Desktop and phone on the Assign Form Factor page.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Save.
Now view the new record page. Click Back to return to the Candidate record. The Recent Items component, showing recently added candidates, appears at the top of the record page. If you don’t see it, refresh your browser.
Create a Custom Candidate Compact Layout
The compact layout controls which fields appear in the Highlights Panel component on the record page. Create a custom compact layout that includes more than just the candidate’s name.
- Click and select Setup.
- Click the Object Manager tab, and select Candidate.
- Click Compact Layouts, then click Newand fill in the details:
Field Value Label Includes Candidate Name Selected Fields Candidate Number
- Click Save.
- Click Compact Layout Assignment, then Edit Assignment.
- Set the new compact layout you just created as the primary compact layout.
- Click Save.
Using their new customized Candidate record page, the recruiting team can view all the information they need on a candidate in one easily accessible place. Now let’s create record types on the Position object to further streamline the recruitment process.