Chatter, Salesforce’s enterprise collaboration platform, is a great place for your customer support team to communicate about things such as support cases and tasks. In this corporate social network, they can follow both people and documents, and be a part of public, private, and unlisted Chatter groups to collaborate with their teams and work together on projects.
Users need to follow certain records so they can see updates in their Chatter feed, including field changes, posts, tasks, and comments. Show Aaron how to follow an account, then create a case under the record he’s following.
These are the instructions Aaron needs in order to follow the Edge Communications account:
- Click the App Launcher and select Service.
- Click Accounts and change the view to All Accounts.
- Click Edge Communications.
- Click Follow at the top right of the page.
Now create a case on the Edge Communications account:
- Scroll down to the Cases related list and click New.
- Fill out the Case information with these details:
Field Value Case Origin Type Electronic Case Reason Performance Subject
Laptop not working
Client new laptop not working
- Click Save.
Next, Aaron would like to have a private Chatter Group for customer support reps for the Edge Communications account to make communication between far-flung team members easier. Here’s how to set up that group for him:
- Click the App Launcher and select Groups from the list of All Items.
- Click New.
- Fill in the new group information with these details:
Field Value Group Name
Edge Communications Customer Support
Collaboration space for Customer Support teams related to Edge Communications
Access Type Private Allow Customers Select
- Click Save & Next. Skip the Upload Picture section and click Next.
- On the Manage Members screen, click Add next to Fumiko Suzuki and Aaron Hartzler.
Note: You may need to search for these users to add them to the Chatter group.
- Then click Done.
- Where it says Share an update, post this message to the group:
Welcome to the Edge Communications Customer Support group. We will use this space to share efficiency and workflow improvement ideas for Edge Communications customer support cases.
- Click Share.
Note: You can like or comment on this post.
To get member participation rolling in his new group, Aaron asked you to show him how to post a poll. Here are the instructions:
- Navigate to Groups, and click Edge Communications Customer Support.
- Click Poll to choose the Poll action, and fill out the question and answer fields:
Field Value Question
Are we doing a good job handling Edge Communications customer support inquiries?
- Click Ask.
Now that you’ve completed this step, your customer support team can communicate and collaborate like champs. Move on to the next step in this project and do some customizing.