Work with Opportunities in the Kanban View
The Opportunity Kanban is a visual summary of all the opportunities for a particular sales path.
By seeing all opportunities at once, sales reps can keep deals moving forward and sales managers can effectively monitor the pipeline and ensure everyone’s staying on course.
Members of the sales team have asked for guidance on how to customize what they see when they view their Opportunity detail pages. Here are the instructions:
- Click to open App Launcher, then select Opportunities.
- From the Opportunities picklist, select My Opportunities.
- Click to access Display options, then select Kanban.
Next, show the sales reps how to customize the card fields in their view:
- Click to access the List View Controls, then click Select Fields to Display.
- In the Available Fields list, use the right- and left-facing arrows to add and remove options from the Visible Fields list until only these options remain:
- Opportunity Name
- Expected Revenue
- Owner Full Name
- Use the up-facing arrow to be sure the options are in the above order.
- Click Save.
Now, show them how they can filter their view. For example, show all opportunities worth more than $50,000 with a probability of 20% or more.
- Click then click Add Filter.
- Create the new filter with these parameters:
Field Operator Value Amount greater than
- Click Done, then click Add Filter again.
- Create another filter with these parameters:
Field Operator Value Probability greater or equal
- Click Done.
- Click Save.
Finally, they can add a customized chart to the Kanban View.
- Click to show charts.
- From the chart picklist, select Pipeline By Stage.
- Click to show settings, then select Vertical Bar Chart.
The Kanban view also allows your sales team to move opportunities from one stage to another by simply dragging and dropping. Give them a demo.
- Click the right-facing arrow in the upper right corner of the bar chart to hide it.
- Drag the card for United Oil Plant Standby Generators from the Needs Analysis stage to the Value Proposition stage.
- Note that the dollar amounts at the top of the columns automatically recalculate.
Hurray! You’ve reached the end of your journey down the sales path path. You’ve created a sales process and a record type, customized qualification stages, and worked with the sales path Kanban view. Now your sales reps can easily access the information they need to reach their final destination: sealing the deal.