Sign Up for a Trailhead Playground with Salesforce CPQ
In this project, you’ll:
- Create a Trailhead Playground with Salesforce CPQ.
- Construct a bundle to group related products that need to be sold as a set.
- Create an Alert Product Rule that warns sales reps when they might be making a mistake.
- Create a Selection Product Rule that hides a product when it’s not needed.
- Create a Validation Product Rule that stops sales reps from quoting an unsupported combination of products.
In this project you get to use Salesforce CPQ to create a sophisticated product bundle that helps sales reps quote quickly and accurately. A bundle is simply a set of products that are always sold together. What makes it sophisticated is that CPQ allows you to create Product Rules to make sure your sales reps avoid common mistakes when choosing which products to sell in the bundle. This ensures that your customers get the right products as soon as possible.
Our story focuses on AW Computing, a company that’s venturing into new markets by selling home security systems that include things like cameras and door sensors. The sales reps are not familiar with the new product offerings, so as the admin at AW Computing, it’s your job to make sure they can sell these systems correctly from day one.
To complete this project, you need a special Developer Edition org that contains Salesforce CPQ and our sample data. Get the free Developer Edition and connect it to Trailhead now so you can complete the challenges in this project. Note that this Developer Edition is designed to work with the challenges in this badge, and may not work for other badges. Always check that you’re using the Trailhead Playground or special Developer Edition org that we recommend.
- Sign up for a free Developer Edition org with Salesforce CPQ.
- Fill out the form.
- For Email, enter an active email address.
- For Username, enter a username that looks like an email address and is unique, but it doesn't need to be a valid email account (for example, email@example.com).
- After you fill out the form, click Sign me up. A confirmation message appears.
- When you receive the activation email (this might take a few minutes), open it and click Verify Account.
- Complete your registration by setting your password and challenge question. Tip: Write down your username, password, and login URL for easy access later.
- You are logged in to your Developer Edition.
Now connect your new Developer Edition org to Trailhead.
- Make sure you're logged in to your Trailhead account.
- In the Challenge section at the bottom of this page, click the playground name and then click Connect Org.
- On the login screen, enter the username and password for the Developer Edition you just set up.
- On the Allow Access? screen, click Allow.
- On the Want to connect this org for hands-on challenges? screen, click Yes! Save it. You are redirected back to the challenge page and ready to use your new Developer Edition to earn this badge.
Now that you have a Salesforce CPQ-enabled org, you’re ready to create bundles and make product rules.