Try Out Your New Community
Time to test out what you built. Click the link in your confirmation email to view your published community and try it out. If you didn’t get the email, click Preview from the builder.
Start a Chat
- Use one of the previous tabs that were opened via communities and navigate back to Salesforce Setup.
- Click the App Launcher .
Service Consolein the Search apps and items... box and select Service Console.
- Click Omni-Channel in the lower-left corner.
- Click the dropdown next to Offline and select Available - Chat.
Now, go back to your community page, refresh the browser, and click Preview. The chat button should change to Chat with an Expert. Try it out!
- Click Chat with an Expert.
- Enter your first name and last name and click Start Chatting.
- Go back to the Service Console.
- Click the check to accept the chat.
Now you have a chat session going! Try out chatting from the agent side, and the community side. Click End Chat whenever you’re done.
Ask a Question
- From your community, click Ask a Question.
- Select New Products from the Post To dropdown.
- In the Question section, enter a question regarding a new product. For example, “When will this year’s new bike be available to buy?”
- Click Ask.
Now, click Home on the community, and click on the topic you asked a question about.
- Select New Products from the Topics dropdown on the navigation menu.
- Your question should be listed.
- Click Articles to see related knowledge articles.
- Click an article to open it. Give the article a thumbs-up rating!
Create a Case
- Click Home on the community.
- At the bottom of the page, click Contact Support.
- Select yourself as the Contact Name.
- Enter any information you want, then click Submit.
- Now, click Cases on the community navigation menu. Select My Open Cases to see the case you just submitted.
Check Out Your Profile
- Next to the search feature on the community, select your name.
- Select My Profile to view your community profile, where you can see your information, cases, discussion, files, and more.
Way to Go!
You just built a community for Category 1 Biking.
The new community includes knowledge articles organized by topic, online chat, a button to ask a question in the community, customized branding, and more. Category 1 Biking fans can now engage with the company and with each other in a whole new way.
Nice work. See you on the road!