Add Branding and Components to the Community
The Category 1 Biking community is in great shape. In this step, add custom branding, update components, and put the finishing touches on the community. Begin by adding branding to the community, and updating the navigation menu.
- Click in the upper left corner and click Builder from the menu selector.
- Click the Headline component.
- Update the headline as follows.
Category 1 Biking
- Banner Text:
Welcome to the community!
- Click X to close the Headline editor.
- Select Theme.
- Click Colors to expand the menu.
- Adjust the colors as you see fit.
- Click the left-facing arrow next to Colors to contract the menu.
- Click Images to expand the menu.
- Click Upload Image icon under Header Image.
- Click Upload Image and choose header.jpg from the folder you downloaded earlier.
- Click X to close the Theme editor.
- Click the gray bar across the top to reveal the Navigation Menu component.
- Click from the menu on the right.
- Click + Add Menu Item.
- Enter these details.
- Update the Name to
- Type: Salesforce Object
- Object Type: Case
- Default List View: My Open Cases
- Update the Name to
- Click Save Menu.
- Click X to close the Navigation Menu.
- Select Components.
- Scroll down to the Support heading.
- Select Snap-ins Chat and drag it to the right sidebar, beneath the Ask a Question component.
- The Can’t Access Resources pop-up window will appear. You’ll adjust the Content Security Policy later. Click OK.
- Click X to close the Snap-ins Chat dialogue box.
- Click the Components icon to re-open the menu.
- Scroll down to the Topics heading.
- Select Trending Articles by Topic, and drag it to the sidebar beneath the Snap-ins Chat component.
- Click X to close the Trending Articles by Topic editor.
Content Security Policy (CSP) is a web standard that defines rules to control the source of content that can be loaded on a page. All CSP rules work at the page level, and apply to all components and libraries. Adjust the CSP to allow Live Agent to run on this community.
- Select Settings.
- Select Security.
- Click the Script Security Level drop-down and select Allow Inline Scripts and Script Access to Whitelisted Third-party Hosts.
- Click Allow.
- The Can’t Access Resources pop-up window will appear again. Copy the https through .com portion of the URL listed. You’ll be adding this URL to your Trusted Sites for Scripts.
- After copying the URL, click OK.
- Click +Add Trusted Site.
- Paste the URL you just copied to the URL textbox.
Chatin the Name textbox.
- Ensure Active is checked.
- Click Add Site.
- Click the X to close the Settings window.
- Click Publish.
- On the Publish Your Community confirmation screen, click Publish, then Got It.
You receive an email confirmation once your community is published. Click the link in your email to see your community live!