Upload Flag Images into Salesforce Analytics
This project shows you how to create a great-looking dashboard using flag images to represent the countries or regions represented in the data. In it, you’ll learn how to:
- Upload images that can be used in charts.
- Prepare and upload a dataset to use those images.
- Add the images to a chart.
- Create a cool dashboard to display the chart.
The best charts are both informative and eye-catching. They’re meant to both inform your audience and, let’s face it, wow them a bit.
Let’s say you’re creating a chart summarizing the worldwide value of accounts in countries where your company has operations. You could go with a plain old bar chart.
Or, you could go with a colorful gauge chart that grabs your audience’s attention.
Present worldwide sales in with plain vanilla bars? Everyone’s doing that. You’d like your presentation to stand out from the crowd with a cool visualization. Check out those engaging gauges with not only color coding, but also a flag matching the country or region in the center of each gauge.
So how did those flag icons get there? They came from the image gallery, a feature you access from image widgets in the dashboard designer. But these flag images aren’t there out-of-the-box. You need to add them to the image gallery before you can use them.
For this project, you can’t use an existing Developer Edition org or a Trailhead Playground org. Follow the steps below to get an Einstein Analytics-enabled Developer Edition that comes with a limited Einstein Analytics Platform license and contains the sample data required for this project.
- Go to developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/analytics-de.
- Fill out the form using an active email address. Your username must also look like an email address and be unique, but it doesn’t need to be a valid email account. For example, your username can be email@example.com, or you can put in your company name.
- After you fill out the form, click Sign me up. An activation email is sent to you.
- When you receive the activation email, open it and click Verify Account.
- Complete your registration, and set your password and challenge question.
Click Change Password.
You’ll be logged in to your new Analytics Developer Edition org. If you see the Welcome to Lightning Experience window, close it.
We’ve given you files to use for flags in your fancy gauge. Click here to download a zip file, then use these steps to upload the files to the image gallery:
Double-click the image file to unzip it.
You’ll get 11 flag image files in a folder named Flags.
- To open the App Launcher, click in the navigation bar.
- From the App Launcher, find and select Analytics Studio.
Click Create and select
- In the template chooser, click Create Blank Dashboard.
From the left-hand toolbar, drag an image widget onto the
- In the center of the image widget, click Image.
In the image selection window, click Gallery, then click .
Open the Flags folder that you just unzipped and select all of the flag image files and click Open to upload them.
The flags now appear in the gallery.
Click to close the gallery.
Now you’ve got a gallery full of colorful flags! Next you’ll learn how to create a dataset that can use those flags.