Install the Package
In the previous step, you uploaded an audio file. Now you install a Lightning Web Component that makes the sound play. To complete the installation, you need the username and password for your Trailhead Playground.
If this is your first time installing a package, you might want to check out the Trailhead Playground Management module first.
- From Setup, enter
usersin the Quick Find box, then select Users.
- Locate your name on the list of users. Check the box next to your name. Make note of the username. This is the username for your Trailhead Playground.
- Click Reset Password(s) and OK. This will send a password reset email to the email address associated with your username. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't see the email.
- Click the link in the email.
- Set your password.
Now you have your username and password for your Trailhead Playground.
- Click this link: https://login.salesforce.com/packagingSetupUI/ipLanding.app?apvId=04t1U000007sa55QAA
- You should be automatically authenticated with your Trailhead Playground credentials to install the package. However, if you are prompted to log in to Salesforce, sign in using your Trailhead Playground username and password.
- Follow the prompts to install the package.
Be sure to verify that you’re installing the package into your Trailhead Playground. For more details, see Installing Packages in the Trailhead Playground Management module.
If you prefer to install with the Salesforce CLI, use
sfdx force:package:install --package 04t1U000007sa55QAA.
If you’re having trouble getting the package to install, try this hack.
- Open your Trailhead Playground.
- In the Trailhead Playground URL in your browser, replace everything following lightning.force.com with:
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
Your URL should look similar to https://playful-raccoon-21646-dev-ed.lightning.force.com/packagingSetupUI/ipLanding.app?apvId=04t1U000007sa55QAA
Now you have the package and the audio file installed. Up next, you create a custom metadata record.