Import Sample Data
Now that you have the data model set up, it’s time to enter data. You can either enter the data manually, or import it using the Data Import Wizard.
Thanks to the Lightning Object Creator, the data for Sessions is already loaded in. Use the Data Import Wizard to import the speakers data into the Contact object.
- Download this CSV file (right click and select Save Link As), which contains a list of speakers.
- In your Trailhead Playground, click and select Setup.
Data Import Wizardin the Quick Find box and select Data Import Wizard.
- Review the information provided on the welcome page, then click Launch Wizard!
- Choose the data that you want to import.
- Choose Accounts and Contacts under What kind of data are you importing?
- Choose Add new records under What do you want to do?
- Upload the CSV that you downloaded under Where is your data located?
- You can add your data file by dragging the CSV to the upload area of the page or by clicking the CSV category you’re using and then navigating to and selecting the file.
- Click Next.
- In this screen, you map the CSV data fields to Salesforce data fields. The Data Import Wizard tries to map as many of your data fields as possible to standard Salesforce data fields. If Salesforce can’t automatically map fields, you do it manually. In this case, Salesforce was unable to map the Bio data field to any Salesforce field.
- To manually map the field, click Map in the row for Bio.
Descriptionin the search box and select Contact: Description. Confirm the selection by clicking Map.
- Click Next.
- Review and start the import by clicking Start Import. You receive a status email when the import is completed.
Next, add speakers to each session.
- From the App Launcher (), find and select Sessions.
- Select All Records in the session list view.
- Click a session name to open the detail view.
- Click Related and click New from the Speakers tile.
- In the popup, find a speaker by typing into the Speaker Field, and select a speaker from the suggestions shown. (You can find the speaker names in the CSV that you used in the previous step for Data Import.)
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps to add at least one speaker to each session.
Great job! Next, you update the conference management app to fetch the data you’ve created in Salesforce.