See What’s New with Platform, Productivity, and Integration
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe how to stream and store Salesforce events in real time and build transaction security policies.
- Explain how the new, AI-powered Salesforce mobile app improves productivity using Lightning.
- Discuss how to simplify Lightning adoption with native user engagement.
- Describe how to embed Salesforce Lightning charts, reports, and list views in Quip documents.
- Discuss how to build a developer community around your APIs with Anypoint API Community Manager.
Stream and store Salesforce events in real time and build transaction security policies that prevent unwanted actions and alert you when suspicious behaviors occur. Create powerful transaction security policies with just clicks, or enhance them with Apex, using the new Condition Builder.
Build custom apps with ready-made or custom components, and change the look, feel, and functionality to make your data work for you. Lightning helps unify the Salesforce desktop and mobile experience with powerful navigation and AI-powered out-of-the-box functionality that improves productivity.
Help onboard your users and directly engage with them in Lightning. Use clicks, not code to create prompts with your own written content and add action buttons that take users to an important URL of your choice.
Embed Salesforce Lightning charts, reports, and list views in Quip documents, to make it easy for the extended team to discuss insights and collaborate on live Salesforce data. Users can also log Salesforce calls in Quip and sync them back to Salesforce without leaving the Quip app.
Discuss how to build a developer community around your application programming interfaces (APIs) with Anypoint API Community Manager. Engage developers through member forums, chat, and case management, and personalize the experience with clicks not code.