Get Your Trailhead Playground Username and Password
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Get your Trailhead Playground username and password.
- Rename a Trailhead Playground.
Most of the time, you won’t need to know the username and password of your Trailhead Playground. When a Trailhead Playground is linked to your Trailhead account, you can launch it with the click of a button, without logging in to it. You don’t even need to choose a username or fill out any information to create a new Trailhead Playground. You do need your username and password every once in a while, however. For example, if you’re authorizing your org for use with the Salesforce Command-Line Interface (CLI), or signing into it on your phone to see how something looks on mobile.
In most Trailhead Playgrounds, it’s easy to reset your password. First, launch your Trailhead Playground by clicking Launch from any hands-on challenge. If you see a tab in your playground that says Get Your Login Credentials, great! Follow the steps in the Your Playground Has the Playground Starter App section below.
If not, click to launch the App Launcher, then click Playground Starter and keep reading. If you don’t see the Playground Starter app, that’s OK—skip to the Your Playground Doesn’t Have the Playground Starter App section.
If your playground has the Playground Starter app, follow these steps to reset your password.
- Click the Get Your Login Credentials tab. Here you can see your Trailhead Playground username.
- Click Reset My Password. This sends an email to the address associated with your username.
- Click the link in the email.
Enter a new password, confirm it, and click Change Password.
If your playground doesn’t have the Playground Starter app, you can find your Trailhead Playground username and reset your password in Setup.
- Launch your Trailhead Playground by clicking Launch from any hands-on challenge.
- Click and select Setup.
Usersin Quick Find and select Users.
- Locate your name on the list of users. Check the box next to your name. Take note of the username. This is the username for your Trailhead Playground.
- Click Reset Password(s) and OK. This sends an email to the email address associated with your username. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't see the email.
- Click the link in the email.
- Enter a new password, confirm it, and click Change Password.
Now you have your username and password for your Trailhead playground. If you're planning on creating multiple Trailhead Playgrounds, use a password manager to store your credentials.
Once you’re a seasoned Trailhead user, you might have more than one Trailhead Playground. Say you’re completing a superbadge, for example, and you want to start clean in a new org. Or maybe you have an existing Developer Edition org that you want to connect to your Trailhead account. You can connect, disconnect, or rename your Trailhead Playgrounds to keep yourself organized.
From any hands-on challenge or project step, click the dropdown and click Manage my hands-on orgs. From here, click the next to one of your Trailhead Playgrounds to rename it, or the to disconnect it. To connect a Trailhead Playground or Developer Edition org, click Connect an org.
You can name your Trailhead Playgrounds after anything: Your cats, members of your favorite basketball team, characters in your favorite Jane Austen novel, or whatever you want.
To set an org as your default, select Default. When you click Launch from a hands-on challenge or project step, it launches your default org, unless you choose otherwise.
Don’t, however, change the username of your Trailhead Playground. Although your.name@brave-racoon-89675 (or whatever your username is) doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue, changing it can complicate things down the road as you complete more challenges and projects.