Get the Most from Territory Management
- Clone a territory model.
- Explain how to identify territory users by territory role.
- Use Chatter to collaborate on territory models.
- Report on the accounts and opportunities assigned to territories.
Clone a Territory Model
- Open the Current Fiscal Year territory model.
- Click Clone.
- For the label, enter Test Model.
- For the description, enter Territory model for testing.
- Make sure the Territory Model Name is Test_Model.
- Click Save.
The next thing Maria tackles is assigning roles to territory users. Let’s find out what she’s doing.
Identify Territory Users by Territory Role
To track user functions within territories, you can create territory roles such as Territory Owner, Sales Manager, or Sales Representative, and assign them to territory users as needed. Users can even have different roles in different territories.
- Click your user profile icon in the upper-right corner, and then click Switch to Salesforce Classic.
- From Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter User Territory Associations, then select Fields under User Territory Associations.
- Click Role in Territory, and then click New.
- Maria enters the picklist values Lance wants her to include: Territory
Owner, Sales Manager, Product Specialist, and Sales Representative.
- Click Save.
Assign Territory Roles to Users
Now that Maria has created a Role in Territory picklist, she can specify the roles of users within territories.
- Click your user name in the upper-right corner, and then click Switch to Lightning Experience.
- Open the Northern California territory record.
- In the Assigned Users related list, click Edit next to Lance Park. (Remember, if you’re following along in your Trailhead Playground, you won’t see Lance listed as a user, but your company’s Salesforce users are listed in your own org.)
- From the Role in Territory picklist, select Territory
- Click Save.
Use Chatter to Collaborate on Territory Models
Enable Chatter feed tracking for territory models to collaborate with your team on model development directly within model records. Your team can post and respond to comments, attach files, and get notifications when model states change or key fields are updated.
After you enable and configure Chatter feed tracking, anyone with access to a territory model record can use Chatter to collaborate on that model. People who follow the record get updates in their own Chatter feeds when tracked fields are updated.
- From Setup, enter Feed Tracking in the Quick Find box, then select Feed Tracking.
- Select the Territory Model object.
- Select Enable Feed Tracking and
- Click Save.
Report on the Accounts and Opportunities Assigned to Territories
Create reports to show your reps which accounts and opportunities are assigned to the territories they cover.
The My Territories filter shows accounts and opportunities that belong to the territories a rep is assigned to. The My Territory Team’s filter shows accounts and opportunities for territories a rep is assigned to and their descendant territories.
Maria follows these steps to create territory reports for her team.
- On the Reports tab, click New Report.
- Choose an account or opportunity report type, and then click Continue.
- In the Show Me filter field, select My territories’ or
My territory team’s as the filter criterion.
- Finish creating the report, and then save your changes.
- Turned on the Enterprise Territory Management feature
- Defined default access levels
- Created territory types, territory models, and territories
- Assigned accounts to territories manually and by running assignment rules
- Viewed account assignments
- Assigned rules to territories directly in territory records
- Assigned users to territories and viewed the list of who’s assigned
- Activated a territory model
- Created a custom report type and a territory report
- Assigned territories to opportunities manually and via filter-based assignment
- Excluded an opportunity from filter-based assignment
- Cloned a territory model
- Identified a territory user by territory role
- Set up Chatter for collaboration on territory models
- Reported on the accounts and opportunities assigned to territories