Translate Your Survey
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Grant permissions to translate surveys.
- Translate a survey.
Turn Surveys from Local to Global
Ursa Major Solar is a supplier of solar components and systems. Its ready-to-go solar solutions division is expanding its customer base to different parts of the world, but receiving case feedback from its non-English speaking customers hasn’t been easy. Gabriela Livingston, Ursa Major Solar’s top sales operations specialist, wants to set up an initiative that ensures its customers across the globe receive a translated version of the Customer Satisfaction survey on case closure. Customer Satisfaction is an out-of-the-box survey provided by Salesforce Surveys.
To translate the survey, Gabriela needs access to the Translation Workbench in her Salesforce org. The Translation Workbench lets users specify which languages they want to translate their surveys into and assign translators. She reaches out to Maria Jimenez, the Salesforce admin, to get the correct permissions.
Allow Users to Translate Surveys
The first language Gabriela wants to translate the survey into is Spanish. Later, she’ll translate the survey into other languages.
Maria knows that Gabriela’s user profile already allows her to view surveys, so she only needs to grant Gabriela permission to the Translation Workbench to translate the survey into Spanish.
- Click and select Setup.
- In the Quick Find box, enter
Translation Language Settings.
- Click Translation Language Settings.
- On the Translation Language Settings page, click Enable.
- On the Translation Workbench panel, click Add.
- On the New Language panel:
- In the Select Language section, select the language. Maria selects Spanish.
- In the Identify Translators for this Language section, add users. Maria selects Gabriela Livingston.
- Click Save.
Translate Your Surveys
Now that Gabriela has permission to translate the survey using the Translation Workbench, she can translate the Customer Satisfaction survey into Spanish.
- Click the Surveys tab.
- Open the survey that needs to be translated. Gabriela selects Customer Satisfaction.
- Click the Languages tab. Gabriela sees that she has the option to translate the survey in Spanish.
- Click Translate next to the language you want to translate the survey to. The Translate Surveys dialog box opens.
- Translate the survey name and the pause message.
- Click Save & Next.
- Translate the welcome message and click Save & Next.
- Translate the questions on the first page and click Save & Next. Maria enters:
- First question: ¿Cómo calificaría nuestro servicio?
- Second question: ¿Algún comentario o comentario para nosotros?
- Translate the questions on the remaining pages and click Save & Next.
- Translate the thank you message and click Save & Finish.
Now that Gabriela has translated the survey, Ursa Solar Major’s customers can view the Customer Satisfaction survey in English or Spanish.
Next, we look at how Gabriella can send survey survey invitations for cases.