Explore Mapping Solutions for Teams
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe role-specific solutions for sales teams.
- Describe role-specific solutions for service teams.
Deploying Salesforce Maps for Different Roles
Salesforce users often look for solutions to help with business problems by turning to examples of success to guide their decisions. So far you’ve learned that Salesforce Maps can geographically visualize data and territories, track live locations, and optimize routes and schedules. You’ve also heard that it can be used to increase productivity and efficiency for sales and service teams. Now you're going to see what that means. This unit helps you identify features in Salesforce Maps that can be used to resolve user pain points, for both sales and service teams.
Using Salesforce Maps for Field Sales
For sales management teams, every meeting is a potential new opportunity. You need your team spending more time with customers and less time planning, driving, and logging calls.
Sales teams are looking for ways to automate the sales process, improve territory mapping, increase lead generation, and ultimately, increase sales to positively impact their bottom line. Salesforce Maps supports each of these business goals.
- Geographically visualize data with Salesforce Maps to identify clustered customers and plan your sales route based on travel time and distance of each customer.
- Use Salesforce Maps on your mobile device to help find nearby accounts and fill gaps due to last-minute cancellations.
- Visualize travel paths for scheduled meetings and add meetings based on proximity to existing meetings.
Improve territory mapping
- Get a real-time view of customers, team activities, and performance metrics.
- Create, assign, and balance territories based on key business metrics like accounts and opportunities per sales rep.
- Use territory visualization to make smart decisions about marketing campaigns that will help generate revenue.
Boost lead generation
- Use the Google search engine, business data, or property data to search for nearby businesses and add them to Salesforce using Click2Create® buttons.
Automate the sales process
- Spend less time on administrative tasks by quickly updating records, create events, check in/out of appointments, and more, all directly from the Salesforce Maps interface.
- Increase your overall efficiency by adding Salesforce Maps to schedule and optimize multiday sales routes in advance.
Using Salesforce Maps for Field Service
Service teams are often looking for ways to boost customer satisfaction, improve field service management, efficiently dispatch calls, and effectively provide service area coverage. Salesforce Maps can help transform service organizations from a cost center to a profit center with route, schedule, and territory coverage optimization.
Similar to pain points that are specific to sales teams, if you are in the service industry, identify which area you would like to improve and we will demonstrate how Salesforce Maps can solve your pain point.
Increase customer satisfaction
- Use Live Tracking with Salesforce Maps to pinpoint the location of a field rep in proximity to a customer location.
- Automatically inform the customer via email or SMS sent from Salesforce.
Manage field service teams
- Field service teams can quickly check in or out of appointments, schedule multiday routes, and update documentation directly from their mobile devices.
- Boost productivity by viewing where your field team is at any time and reassigning service calls based on GPS location..
Dispatch calls efficiently
- Get real-time view of where your field service team is in order to efficiently dispatch calls based on nearest team member location.
- Get real-time updates of vehicle diagnostics, field service team member location, and customer records in order to best service your customers.
Ensure service coverage
- Build and assign territories in Salesforce to get a real-time view of customers, technicians, and work orders and distribute service requests efficiently and effectively.
There’s still much to learn about Salesforce Maps – but you can already start thinking about how the solution will help your customers meet their goals. As your customers look for ways to boost revenues and improve efficiency for both their sales and service teams, consider the power and value of Salesforce Maps.